Search the forum,

Discuss Slate job in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

David Rowell

Wow for someone who has only tiled for 5 years you have alot to say. I can tile but not done slate before.
Just think back when you was still learning the ins and out of your trade !

S

Stocks Tiles

Ignore the comments about ripping customers off - everyone has a first job in a different type of tile, knowing slate is not your usual type of tile you've been wise to seek advice before hand, that's sensible! My first slate Job was 95sqm of uncalibrated slate and I used a 4" grinder for it all, I was advised by a guy who only works with stone to not use a wet cutter unless plan on leaving all the cuts to dry out as shouldn't lay them wet, it was dusty as hell but turned out well haha! Remember to work clean whipe any mess off as soon as any touches the slate as it will stain and I'm sure you know to seal it before grout etc?

Reply to Slate job in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen