Search the forum,

Discuss Sigma in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

View attachment 83936 Tell you one problem Rubis do have though: (quite a major one)

After 600mm the design just doesn't work.
That's why they beef everything up with multiple bars etc.
Sigma design works every time. My 3em will cut and break 1200mm x 12mm porcelain planks all day.
The Rubi I hired from Porcelanosa years ago for the first time I fixed these - well it nearly put me off tiling for life.
So true,

One of the reasons I'm looking to come away from rubi is we are fixing lots of 1200 planks and the tx 1200 really does struggle to to achieve a perfectly finished cut edge so I'm at it with the angle grinder sometimes which takes time so I need a cutter that will do the job first time every time.....which sigma impish ?

O

One Day

So true,

One of the reasons I'm looking to come away from rubi is we are fixing lots of 1200 planks and the tx 1200 really does struggle to to achieve a perfectly finished cut edge so I'm at it with the angle grinder sometimes which takes time so I need a cutter that will do the job first time every time.....which sigma impish ?

Mine is a 3em max.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

First go on it today, I'm impressed, it's breaking ability is great, just got to get used to cutting cuts that aren't square, sighting it up against the central bar

Ay up local , which sigma did you purchase ?.....we got some 12mm planks we constantly working with that the tx1200 can't even break so I'm in need of a machine to do the job and have been looking into sigma as they seem popular here.......or Montolit.......think I'll pop & see Dave at Tradetiler ( maybe he'll let me trial a couple out )......let me know how you find it as you continue with it as they ain't bloody cheap are they

O

Old Mod

Ay up local , which sigma did you purchase ?.....we got some 12mm planks we constantly working with that the tx1200 can't even break so I'm in need of a machine to do the job and have been looking into sigma as they seem popular here.......or Montolit.......think I'll pop & see Dave at Tradetiler ( maybe he'll let me trial a couple out )......let me know how you find it as you continue with it as they ain't bloody cheap are they
Stop dawdling Mark, just bite bullet! :p
Listen to me! 5 months ago all I'd ever used was one of those red things......what are they called again? :D

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Get the Sigma , you wont regret it , as mentioned in my previous post while the Montolit is not a bad cutter it struggles with certain tiles , especially textured , honestly its a no brainer..

Reply to Sigma in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen