Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Sigma in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

can some one give me some info, I need a new cutter soon and I know you all bum sigma cutters, having watched videos on YouTube, the main 4,points I can see that I'm not sure on are, scoring towards yourself, having to flip down the arm to break the tile, can't see the point of contact between blade and tile, no box!
Rubi doesnt have any of those problems!

S

Stef

You want a max series cutter, this is a push cut & you just flick the handle up to bring the breaking foot down.
It's hard to start with trying to line your marks up but once you have mastered this you will wonder why you never bought one sooner.
I've got 4 Sigmas & they are some machines.

F

Flintstone

Any video links? How do you do on cutting a cut that's not square when you can't see where your scribing ?

L

LM

1. Scoring towards yourself is easy to get use to, but optional.
2. There are two other handle designs that you don't have to flip the handle with.
3. You can in fact see the point of contact between the wheel and tile.
4. You can also get a box .
In the link below have a look at a Sigma 3C3M, which you can get a 24AE handle for as well and also the carry case is art no:43
The 24AE handle is a pull towards you handle which is good for fast cuts.
The 3C3M machine has a push away from you handle with a drop down breaker with a simple action, for breaking the hardest of tiles ( which would laugh at a Rubi)
There is also a Klick Klock handle that you push away then flip the handle to break the tiles, Antonio's preferred choice.
They are all very easy to use and go through tiles very easily, a Rubi is ok for smaller formats and easy cuts, but simply don't compare to a Sigma. It would be the best money you'll have spent in your tiling career ;)

Home - sigma - http://www.sigmaitalia.com

S

Stef

Any video links? How do you do on cutting a cut that's not square when you can't see where your scribing ?
It took me about 3 days to get my position correct & my eye right on the line under the bar, within the week it was like second nature.
You can drop the wheel down onto the mark to double check but I don't do it as you learn to trust where your mark is lined up.
It's hard to explain but if you stick with the Sigma you won't go back to a Rubi,
I don't like the pull cut Sigmas, they aren't for me.

W

White Room

It took me about 3 days to get my position correct & my eye right on the line under the bar, within the week it was like second nature.
You can drop the wheel down onto the mark to double check but I don't do it as you learn to trust where your mark is lined up.
It's hard to explain but if you stick with the Sigma you won't go back to a Rubi,
I don't like the pull cuIt Sigmas, they aren't for me.

I tried one and was never going to get used to it:confused:

Reply to Sigma in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks