Search the forum,

Discuss Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders

This is a public thread. So please do NOT include personal information of who's done the job, where it's been done, etc. Only include information related to the workmanship. What's been done wrong, what should have been done, how the repair has gone on, etc.

Upload pictures of poor workmanship by DIYers and rogue "tradesmen" to this thread. We have another thread in the arms which we will move posts to here by request. If you have pictures uploaded to the thread in the arms and would like the pictures added to here, please let one of the staff know.

Last edited:
Pizza Hut's newly refurbished rest room

IMG_2051.jpg IMG_2052.jpg IMG_2053.jpg

very poor it looks like it was a white grout originally or is that my eyes playing tricks lol? if so its just wrong on so many levels lol

Was once Grey, the lighter areas happen to be dry at the time I took the photo

I guess im the only one that hasn't then lol

The company I trained with only dotted when walls were to bad to even out with a large notched trowel.

I personally under High Peak Tiling can say I haven't dotted any :) (not just saying because the boss will bollox me if he see's this) :D

When I was training many moons ago my boss would say "I dont want to see any voids behind the tiles" he would turn up on the job and pull off a few tiles if there was any voids there would be hell to pay.

I understand why he said this though.
Checking them as well was a good way to keep you guys on your toes

So there you are trying to fit a former, when you realise there is not enough height in the joists to accept the drain.
Do you:
A. Inform the customer of the situation and suggest a raised platform to accommodate the walk in shower?
B. Suggest that maybe a normal shower tray with riser kit would be more sensible ?

Or

C.................
uhe4enuj.jpg

Last edited:

Reply to Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.