Search the forum,

Discuss Norcross in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

I think the fired earth adhesive is manufactured by Norcross, I thought it was okay last time I used it ,if it is the fire earth stuff that is

S

Stef

We had many many problems with Norcros. Lots of failed floors and poor customer service, porcelain lifting clean off the addy though every tile was back buttered. Pro 50 leveller not setting was another problem though they did eventually admit the mix had been contaminated. 4 into 1 grout is just terrible gear to use, if you're a grout 3000 user you'll be shocked at how bad a grout can be!
Think I now know why it's getting sold as cheap.
Steer clear I will be..

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Used it a few times...not my first choice... but has got me out of trouble when nothing else was available except bal!!( tooooooo pricey )
As said before .... tends to go off a little too fast in the bucket....

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Used it for years , lovely stuff
Different strokes for different folks I guess! In all honesty we used it exclusively for a number of years without an issue. Then we had about a 12-18 month period of nothing but problems, that's when we discovered TM. I see Norcros have rebranded some products as NX. Seen them in a tile shop in Essex but also now stocked in B&Q.

S

Stef

Different strokes for different folks I guess! In all honesty we used it exclusively for a number of years without an issue. Then we had about a 12-18 month period of nothing but problems, that's when we discovered TM. I see Norcros have rebranded some products as NX. Seen them in a tile shop in Essex but also now stocked in B&Q.
Can't beat TileMaster, it's the top abhesive in my eyes.
Might speak to the tile shop that had offered me the bags & get a sample to try.
I'm only looking at it for sticking down Hardie.

S

Spud

how did the manufacturer deal with the issues when they arose with you Rich? just asking as all manufacturers have production problems the ones that deal with them well and give good customer service are worth staying with the ones who blame the fixer or just ignore the problem should be avoided

Reply to Norcross in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
The saga of my hollow floor 50sqm continues. All tiles now lifted but there is adhesive around...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen