Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Norcross in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Stef

anybody use norcross adhesives?
Been offered a good deal on their gear but wondering what it's like.
I use TileMaster as most know.

J

J Sid

I thought TM are the best of the best on quality and price:D why consider anything else? Just wondering :rolleyes:
Sorry not tried Norcross :(

H

hmtiling

The tile shop I use switched to Norcross for a month or so. Not many got on with it and they went back to Weber. I only used there s1 rapid and wasn't impressed with how it mixed and turned a little quick in the bucket for my liking.

S

Stef

I thought TM are the best of the best on quality and price:D why consider anything else? Just wondering :rolleyes:
Sorry not tried Norcross :(
TileMaster are the best Julian, not on price as I can get addy a good bit cheaper but price isn't my concern when I tile as I want the best.
I was curios as to what norcross adhesive was like as I have never used it & wondered why I was getting offered it so cheap.
There's no way I will be moving from TileMaster but I fit a lot of Hardie & it would be good for fixing down the boards if it was suitable.

W

White Room

Used for a couple of jobs as a local supplier kept in stock and they still do, not one for me.

Done a bathroom with said adhesive, leak with a shower control and plumber had to remove one tile, said was so easy was surprised. When went to replace tile there was some remaining adhesive, could'nt believe how easy it was to remove...not for me I'm afraid.
Once bitten twice shy.

D

dave l and l

i have a 35 m2 marble wall and floor job starting in a couple of weeks, customer is supplying everything, all the adhesive is norcross as is the wall boards . reports dont sound very clever,
i will try it myself and let ye know what i think,,

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
We had many many problems with Norcros. Lots of failed floors and poor customer service, porcelain lifting clean off the addy though every tile was back buttered. Pro 50 leveller not setting was another problem though they did eventually admit the mix had been contaminated. 4 into 1 grout is just terrible gear to use, if you're a grout 3000 user you'll be shocked at how bad a grout can be!

S

Spud

I think the fired earth adhesive is manufactured by Norcross, I thought it was okay last time I used it ,if it is the fire earth stuff that is

S

Stef

We had many many problems with Norcros. Lots of failed floors and poor customer service, porcelain lifting clean off the addy though every tile was back buttered. Pro 50 leveller not setting was another problem though they did eventually admit the mix had been contaminated. 4 into 1 grout is just terrible gear to use, if you're a grout 3000 user you'll be shocked at how bad a grout can be!
Think I now know why it's getting sold as cheap.
Steer clear I will be..

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Used it a few times...not my first choice... but has got me out of trouble when nothing else was available except bal!!( tooooooo pricey )
As said before .... tends to go off a little too fast in the bucket....

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Used it for years , lovely stuff
Different strokes for different folks I guess! In all honesty we used it exclusively for a number of years without an issue. Then we had about a 12-18 month period of nothing but problems, that's when we discovered TM. I see Norcros have rebranded some products as NX. Seen them in a tile shop in Essex but also now stocked in B&Q.

Reply to Norcross in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks