Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Myths and Misunderstandings: Testing the water resistance of grout in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I'll take some pictures of the "luxury" shower in the house we rent. I'm damn sure there's no tanking and I have access under the block and beam floor, tiled directly on the blocks, and it's bone dry

What grout?

T

The D

box is tiled and grouted corners are siliconed and it’s all ready to go i will fill it with water next saturday and the fun can begin

can we have a pole set up so people can say how long they think it will take starting at 30 minutes then within 24 hours then maybe two days then over a week

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

its ok the grout has to dry for seven days :p
i cant think of one client in 35 years who has waited 7 days to use there shower after i have finished can any one in the real world .24 hours is the norm .

T

The D

only on domestic work. on site work it has weeks and weeks to dry but if you want me to do it after 24 hours i will

R

only on domestic work. on site work it has weeks and weeks to dry but if you want me to do it after 24 hours i will
hi dean no offence ment. on site work i would agree all day long but with b&q being the biggest tile retailer in the uk with tops next tile giant and so on i think you will get the picture .95% of tile failure in the uk has nohink to do with real tilers.

R

box is tiled and grouted corners are siliconed and it’s all ready to go i will fill it with water next saturday and the fun can begin

can we have a pole set up so people can say how long they think it will take starting at 30 minutes then within 24 hours then maybe two days then over a week
hi dean how big is the box L X D X H each litre of water weighs 1kg what size are the tiles used grout joints .what grout have you used .looking forward to your finding the best tilers will all ways question and look for there own answers .well done for showing others how to back up what they are told and say

S

Spare Tool

Omgood god the guys just tiled a card board box Ray...real tilers can tile a box but are intrigued by the results, get a grip mate this is just a grout and sealing experiment..

T

The D

Your
Tickles me these "experiments", I love 'em.[
hi dean how big is the box L X D X H each litre of water weighs 1kg what size are the tiles used grout joints .what grout have you used .looking forward to your finding the best tilers will all ways question and look for there own answers .well done for showing others how to back up what they are told and say
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Must be honest, I was expecting more grout. Just one grout line? Sure the water that will get through is going to dissipate and probably never even get chance to touch the cardboard?

I was hoping 6x6 or mosaics or something?

Reply to Myths and Misunderstandings: Testing the water resistance of grout in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks