Search the forum,

Discuss Is this an acceptable edge cut? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Matt - That is a good point. I guess it really depends whether the price paid for the tiling matches the finish.
This room is 1.6mx1.6m, tiled floor and all the way to the ceiling, and we are being billed £**** for it. Reasonable?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GoneGuy

It is clearly bad workmanship and he has no pride in his work, if he won't/can't rectify all the issues you have raised I would get another tiler ( look on this forum for nearest tiler to you as you will be getting expert advice and workmanship)to give you a quote on price to rectify it and deduct that off the bill.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
That's about 15m of wall and 2.5m of floor. So about 17.5 m square. ( not allowing for door, window and bath)
I'm presuming he is providing the adhesive and grout? Depending on where you are, that seems a lot.

I

Italy

Matt - That is a good point. I guess it really depends whether the price paid for the tiling matches the finish.
This room is 1.6mx1.6m, tiled floor and all the way to the ceiling, and we are being billed £1200 for it. Reasonable?
It is forbidden to discuss prices, in a trend open to the public.
Edit thanks

O

Old Mod

If you have a standard height room @2.4m approx and minus 1.5m2 for the door.
No deduction for a window, highly unliky there's a saving to be made there.
So 16m2 give or take.
Not being in your tilers shoes, I can't say you were overcharged.
However, if I charged you that sum of money, I personally would expect to give you a much higher standard of finish.

O

One Day

You know what's more surprising than the lack of quality?
The fact that many many customers would be happy enough with it.
That's a proven point because so many "tilers" are turning out work like that and are busy doing it.
I despair sometimes, I really do.
Today I spent about 4hrs mitreing and polishing porcelthin, and I've probably another 12 hrs worth of the same.
I could have put a 5mm trim on and the customer would be happy enough...
I'm never gonna make any money tiling like this :(

M

Matt Bott

You know what's more surprising than the lack of quality?
The fact that many many customers would be happy enough with it.
That's a proven point because so many "tilers" are turning out work like that and are busy doing it.
I despair sometimes, I really do.
Today I spent about 4hrs mitreing and polishing porcelthin, and I've probably another 12 hrs worth of the same.
I could have put a 5mm trim on and the customer would be happy enough...
I'm never gonna make any money tiling like this :(
Surely you make a profit or you sitting on a rather large hedge fund? Share the love :D

Reply to Is this an acceptable edge cut? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen