Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss How long to wait until tiling onto 75mm screed in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

H

hmtiling

I'm guessing here but think bal not offering this product for green heated screed might be to do with the rate at which vapour will be released from the screed. Vapour management would be the way I'd go considering the ufh.

F

Flintstone

Antifracture mats are not suitable for use as a vapour barrier Andy, needs to be a product similar to Ditra or Dural. They allow moisture to escape via the cavities.

Yeah I know, I don't think there's any need for a moisture barrier unless it's stone going Down

J

J Sid

Andrew, if it was porcelain tiles how do you see the water getting out? Would not a pressure build up?

F

Flintstone

i don't know really, maybe it never does. What are green screed adhesives for ? I've stuck insulation boards on a green screed using ultimate, confirmed ok by tilemaster!

D

Dumbo

Think bal green screed is 48hours. Most s2 adhesive are good for green screed too
Most s2 adhesives that i have used are horrible . But I gave up on them a few years back and do what ever is necessary not to use them . Are they any better now

F

Flintstone

Ultimate is the most user friendly one I've used, It's not actually that bad, I'm same tho I avoid s2 if possible

H

hmtiling

Most s2 adhesives that i have used are horrible . But I gave up on them a few years back and do what ever is necessary not to use them . Are they any better now
The single part s2s are much more user friendly than 2 part ones. Used Weber tm ultra and rocatex and all easy to use

Reaction score
If this was my job and time wasn't an issue I'd put a hydrometer on it to make sure the screed was dry, in my opinion a 75mm s&c screed could take up to 3 months to completely dry, if time is a issue I'd use a DPM before tiling with SPF iv used tile masters DPM in the past for this exact problem. Worked a treat ... Geoff

Reply to How long to wait until tiling onto 75mm screed in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks