Discuss How long to wait until tiling onto 75mm screed in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

ashurst

Sorry for not replying earlier to clarify.

It will be a sand and cement mix. I honk I will go with the 21 days and ditra or similar. Bal do something called rapid Matt and it's only 1mm thick whereas ditra seems to be 3mm thick. Similar prices. Which should I use ?

N

NZ_Tiler

Generally what moisture content should screed have if a decoupling matt is going over?

Would it not be similar to tiling?

IMO 21 days for a screed that thick is not long enough with regular sand n cement.

O

Old Mod

If I remember rightly Schluter claim it can be tiled as soon as weight bearing . I stand to be corrected and if I was doing this I would obviously check .

The phrase they like to use is,
'as soon as its mechanically repairable'
Tape the joints for moisture sensitive stone, otherwise not necessary, but certainly doesn't hurt, personally I'd prefer it.
But yes as soon as its load bearing.

To fast track a screed a 'vapour equalisation barrier' must be used i.e.
Ditra 25
Durabase mat

These mats are not for wet ufh obviously, but they still do the same job as above.
Ditra E Heat mat
Variopro ufh mat.

S

slythetiler

i treat S&C screed beds over UFH the same way as concrete 1 week per inch to dry, so at 75mm i would leave at least three weeks and not force dry it by using the UFH. I prefer to let it dry naturally. Then go with Ditra or durabase for crack suppression.

F

Flintstone

You can tile on a green screed after 28 days using tilemaster ultimate but that doesn't offer any uncoupling if you want that.

O

Old Mod

Is green screed flexible enough for the ufh..?

Maybe not on a green screed.

IMG_0376.PNG

IMG_0378.PNG

F

Flintstone

you could probably used ultimate to stick crack mat down then tile with ultimate on top of that. Cheaper than ditra

Reply to How long to wait until tiling onto 75mm screed in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks