Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss How long to wait until tiling onto 75mm screed in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

A

ashurst

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I am having wet underfloor heating installed on top of 150mm insulation. The screen will be approximately 75mm. I will be laying 10mm porcelain tiles. How long should I realistically wait until tile onto the area as I am reading conflicting things.

I am hoping that 21 days should surfice

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Leave 7 days after laying.
Commission ufh and put on low for as long as it takes to dry.
Sand floor to remove latience a few days after heating is turned on ( will set like rock if left any longer) this also helps drying times, a the polymers act like a plastic , trapping moisture.

When it's dry, turn off heating and tile.

OP
J

J Sid

Leave 7 days after laying.
Commission ufh and put on low for as long as it takes to dry.
Sand floor to remove latience a few days after heating is turned on ( will set like rock if left any longer) this also helps drying times, a the polymers act like a plastic , trapping moisture.

When it's dry, turn off heating and tile.
sand and cement?

OP
S

Spacey

very deep for gypsum based. optimum for those is around 45mm i believe

Yeah doesn't mean it couldn't be though.
It's the most commonly used screed these days over UFH And builders as we know don't always follow the rules.
Could just be a fibre reinforced screed but Id want to be sure what I'm dealing with before laying anything.

In answer to the original question With UFH commissioned and running It's possible to dry it out in about two weeks

OP
D

Dumbo

Yeah doesn't mean it couldn't be though.
It's the most commonly used screed these days over UFH And builders as we know don't always follow the rules.
Could just be a fibre reinforced screed but Id want to be sure what I'm dealing with before laying anything.

In answer to the original question With UFH commissioned and running It's possible to dry it out in about two weeks
You shouldn't force dry s&c screed

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If time is an issue and cost is not an issue then use Ardex A38 (Ultra Rapid Drying Cement for Internal & External Screeds).

Screed the floor and tile after 4 hours. I believe it works out at 1.5 times more than the cost of normal screed.

I have not used this product myself, I got the info from asking the Ardex reps at a trade day.

Reply to How long to wait until tiling onto 75mm screed in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock