Discuss How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Time's Ran Out

Yeah but it shows how the light doesn't just shine down . That early morning or sunset light is a killer for lots of floors.

W

WetSaw

To be honest, I've tiled over worse than that. As long as he gets the next batches mixed quick enough at the right consistency I think he'll be alright.

Reaction score
quick lick of SLC and with the use of the clips, the job will look as good as any other I reckon.
Obvs time and effort will have cost more, but the end result will be fine.

M

mp3wizard

image.jpg
Nice to see everyone in high spirits lol, silly question.. Which way is best to silicone packers, flat edge to floor or the underneath?

M

mp3wizard

The highest point of the room I've choose is by the power cable which is proud, so I've put a packer 1-2 mm higher next to it, so I'm using that as my starting point, the highest difference is about 10mm, so that's quite a bit more than a light covering, I used 11 1/2 bags first time, and I've got exactly 11 1/2 bags now, keeping in mind my initial pour and my proposed pour next time, is it going to be to thick for the mats to produce adequate heat? The only change that I can make to my approach is to not cover the power leads fully and change my starting height which will be 2 hours work wasted. What do you think, keep going as I am?

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
You need to answer the question you have avoided all along regarding height issues. Work backwards from what height you have to work with. This will tell you if you have extra to play with or you may already be too high.

Reply to How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks