Search the forum,

Discuss Heavily scratched 'just laid' porcelain floor...advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
if you have any tile/offcut left ,see if it marks with a high heel shoe ,if so take the tile & shoe to b&q, stand in line at the returns desk & show them ,LOUDLY asking to see the manager ,you never know good luck m8

J

j8yba

Can i also stress as well, that the tiler pointed out that 75% YES 75% of the tiles were bent, ie not straight which means that most of the corners of each tile laid are not level!!! he showed me this by placing a spirit level across a couple of them and there was a good 3 - 4 mm difference either side.

Also I was in there today and as the sun shon across the tile, the scratches were visable.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

j8yba

38132d1327951198-heavily-scratched-just-laid-porcelain-floor-img_2177.jpg

Think Dave is on the money here check out the three finger marks at the bottom

Only just realised what you meant there, thats actually the reflection of my hand taking photo!!

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i can only give advice from what i see and think but in regards to these tiles from b and q i think they are very inconsistent in quality

J

j8yba

Did your tiler inform you about the bow before fixing

Only halfway through jay, but as my speciality isn't tiles, I didn't really understand what he meant, i thought it was normal for some to be bowed and thought it'd be ok when they've grouted. Think he even mentioned they'd be ok once grouted.

J

jay

Think it would of been better if he had told you about the quality first might of saved some heartache ,if you place two tiles face to face then look at the edges that will tell you the amount of bow as for the scratches im surprised the tiler didn't notice them

good luck

O

ozboz

As a tiler. if there are any faults with the tile, he/they should have picked up on it and nformed you, especially if there is a significant amount of distortion within the tile body, as said before, Ive never had this with B&Q stuff,infact ive always found them quite good, Kilty has said there s a lot of inconsistancy with these tiles, but I can assure you I had similar distortion problems with Porcelanosa stuff, supposed to be high end, arrogant rep turned up giving out, he went away with a bomb up his ........., the tiles were duly accepted by the client, but ONLY because of deadlines, given more time they would have made them change them, some 2000 mtrs. It has been said, you need to o to the store and take it up with them, managers at these stores can act on their own discretion, if no joy,the main offices for B&Q are in Southamton, they distortion problem I would envisage would be put down to your fixer, the poor quality, ie scratching, you may get some joy, but untill you take it up with them..................... best of luck mate

Reply to Heavily scratched 'just laid' porcelain floor...advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen