Search the forum,

Discuss epoxy grout in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Abstract tiling

hi people, just a quick one for you, im starting a job 2mz on a new build school. and its epoxy grout. is they any sneaky tips you know to speed this slow process up. ive used it a few times and found it slow to work with? thanks.

G

Gazzer

Depends on the epoxy grout. Some is easy and some really hard. Do you have emulsifying pads ?

A

Abstract tiling

hi sir ramic, no i havent emulsifying pads but could get some 2mz. whats the use of these.??

G

Gazzer

Grout with epoxy then use emusifying pad to break up the epoxy on the surface then wipe off with sponge. Some modern epoxies dont need it though.

A

Abstract tiling

the epoxy is going to be norcross i think if this is any use guys. and thanks for the rapid replys guys as always.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
As per the rest, use the pads in a circular motion as you would a washboy, you'll soon see what the crack is, warm the tubs of epoxy up next to a radiator for ages before using them, makes it a lot easier to spread, see the album in my profile, the one named Chiswick House, all the joints were 5mm epoxy, even the ceiling, the job was in the middle of June, hot as and the epoxy was still a nightmare, this weather, you have a fight on your hands.

Reply to epoxy grout in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Unfortunately the tiler did not follow the manufactures instructions for mixing up the two part...
Replies
Views
I recently got several loose/hollow tiles rebonded on my bathroom floor. Having left with...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hi! I was looking at different grouts, i really like the Fillgel made by Bisazza. They sent me...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen