Discuss Contractor damaged edging. Now what? Please help. in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end.
We have hired contractors to renovate a large portion of our home.
We are nearing the end, but the shower has been quite a struggle.
The contractors did our tile work and subsequently the edging along with it.
Some of their miter joints on the Schlueter edge trim were quite badly out of alignment, so we had them replace some of them prior to grouting.
In that process they managed to co the edge of one of the tiles, a fact we didn't notice until after grouting (with 2 part epoxy grout) was complete.
They also scratched the chrome edging in several places.
The contractor, sadly, thinks their work is acceptable.
I don't want them to try replacing the trim, because I'm worried about them doing more damage.
I reached out to Schlueter and they offered no solutions to deal with the edging.
I'm hopeful that someone here can offer a solution to repairing the scratched chrome edging.
Right now it's looking like I just have to accept a brand new damaged shower.

Thanks for taking the time to read such a long post.
Cheers.

Reaction score
Trying to, but apparently my photos are "too large".
Cropped them down to just the scratches. They've tried "polishing" some of them now, and just made things worse. :(

Attachments

• 20231120_115943.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20231120_115927.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 31
  • 20231120_115937.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 20231120_115908.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 29
Reaction score
Hi there Arken,

You cant just replace the trim it’s also the tiles around it if that was my job it has to be changed straight away. as that is no question bad workman ship and if you love tiling you dont argue.

Reply to Contractor damaged edging. Now what? Please help. in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks