Search the forum,

Discuss Can A Skimmed Plaster Board Wall Support This Tile? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

Just Rizzle

most of the time when im tiling the tiles are from a bath or shower tray or floor the walls are usually vertical so the pressure of the weight is vertical and the weight is supported on something . I must admit that the majority of my jobs are not onto skimmed walls which we are talking about.
if your concerned about weight you could put a row of L brackets above your tiles mechanically fix them to your walls and hang your tiles on them weight problem solved lol:) have used them in the past to support tiles above windows
used to use L brackets when I did slabbing in the past. have a idea any one know a dragon to lend me some money

F

Flintstone

There is a lot of talk of weight limits on here for sure, and I'm sure it is British standards but I think it is a bit Ott. Perhaps if you were fixing to a skimmed ceiling but as said before, on a wall, the weight isn't really pulling on the plaster as such. Have you ever stuck a big tile on to a plastered wall and tried to pull it off, it's not about to fall off

J

Just Rizzle

There is a lot of talk of weight limits on here for sure, and I'm sure it is British standards but I think it is a bit Ott. Perhaps if you were fixing to a skimmed ceiling but as said before, on a wall, the weight isn't really pulling on the plaster as such. Have you ever stuck a big tile on to a plastered wall and tried to pull it off, it's not about to fall off
what I would like to know who are these quangoes and have they ever stuck a tile on to any plaster or even know what it looks like

I

Italy

was a bit of time that I wanted to tell you.
(But could not find the words) :)

Reply to Can A Skimmed Plaster Board Wall Support This Tile? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays