Search the forum,

Discuss Can A Skimmed Plaster Board Wall Support This Tile? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

Just Rizzle

most of the time when im tiling the tiles are from a bath or shower tray or floor the walls are usually vertical so the pressure of the weight is vertical and the weight is supported on something . I must admit that the majority of my jobs are not onto skimmed walls which we are talking about.
if your concerned about weight you could put a row of L brackets above your tiles mechanically fix them to your walls and hang your tiles on them weight problem solved lol:) have used them in the past to support tiles above windows
used to use L brackets when I did slabbing in the past. have a idea any one know a dragon to lend me some money

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

ok this is were you have to question the honesty of the tile manafactors who surplie the uk its just to easy to put on the box of tiles coming to the uk but they would sell less and cant blame you for fixing them .think about it

F

Flintstone

There is a lot of talk of weight limits on here for sure, and I'm sure it is British standards but I think it is a bit Ott. Perhaps if you were fixing to a skimmed ceiling but as said before, on a wall, the weight isn't really pulling on the plaster as such. Have you ever stuck a big tile on to a plastered wall and tried to pull it off, it's not about to fall off

J

Just Rizzle

There is a lot of talk of weight limits on here for sure, and I'm sure it is British standards but I think it is a bit Ott. Perhaps if you were fixing to a skimmed ceiling but as said before, on a wall, the weight isn't really pulling on the plaster as such. Have you ever stuck a big tile on to a plastered wall and tried to pull it off, it's not about to fall off
what I would like to know who are these quangoes and have they ever stuck a tile on to any plaster or even know what it looks like

I

Italy

was a bit of time that I wanted to tell you.
(But could not find the words) :)

Reply to Can A Skimmed Plaster Board Wall Support This Tile? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen