Discuss Can A Skimmed Plaster Board Wall Support This Tile? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

gooty

finally found a tile i like but its porcelein.

it weighs 17kg per m2

will a skimmed plasterboard wall support this with adhesive?

thanks

M

MW Smith Ceramics

finally found a tile i like but its porcelein.

it weighs 17kg per m2

will a skimmed plasterboard wall support this with adhesive?

thanks

British standards states 20kg per metre onto plaster including adhesive & grout so your just good to go.......

D

Dougs Third Go

adhesive and grout typically weigh 4kg per m2 so that would push total weight up to about 21kg per m2..but yes, I'd probably go for it too.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

One builder I work for really gets disgruntled with me regarding issues like this.......the last bathroom was plastered & tile weight was over the limit so I got him to overboard with Marmox glued & screwed, when I told him he looked like he wanted to clip me round the ear!.....oh well he keeps using me so happy days :smile:

J

Just Rizzle

most of the time when im tiling the tiles are from a bath or shower tray or floor the walls are usually vertical so the pressure of the weight is vertical and the weight is supported on something . I must admit that the majority of my jobs are not onto skimmed walls which we are talking about.
if your concerned about weight you could put a row of L brackets above your tiles mechanically fix them to your walls and hang your tiles on them weight problem solved lol:) have used them in the past to support tiles above windows
used to use L brackets when I did slabbing in the past. have a idea any one know a dragon to lend me some money

Reply to Can A Skimmed Plaster Board Wall Support This Tile? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Seems alot of talk that 20kg per mtr2 is the max weight limit for plaster. Few questions 1. its...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’ve just crossed over from the plumbers forum for some tiling advice as I’m in the process...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Morning all, I'm attempting a bit of diy tiling in my kitchen whilst off work. I've pulled off...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley