Search the forum,

Discuss Black polished tile looks dull/light/scuffed in places in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Happymumandwife

Thanks so much, I think I'll go and have a look tomorrow as I'm unsure now. I was trying to add a picture there but not sure how to do it. The cream ones in the picture added there are gorgeous!

D

DHTiling

These are B&Q Cream polished porcs, they had transit wax on them but came off easy enough... but deffo research your tiler as they need to be good to get a floor to look flat and lippage free.

polished porcelain2.JPG polished porcelain3.JPG

H

Happymumandwife

Hi Dave,

No it's not the big cream ones, I did see them but had read about them on here, so I didn't go for them. These are 600x300 cream Matt finish tiles.

D

DHTiling

Hi Dave,

No it's not the big cream ones, I did see them but had read about them on here, so I didn't go for them. These are 600x300 cream Matt finish tiles.

Ok. Put 2 tiles face to face to check for planitisation / curvature. If they are bowed to much they fix stack pattern.

P

plan-it-earth

...and the moral of this story is..."Is B&Q really the best place to buy your tiles? Do they offer the help and advice that a speciallist tile shop can offer?"

Reply to Black polished tile looks dull/light/scuffed in places in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen