Discuss Black polished tile looks dull/light/scuffed in places in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

H

Happymumandwife

Thanks so much, I think I'll go and have a look tomorrow as I'm unsure now. I was trying to add a picture there but not sure how to do it. The cream ones in the picture added there are gorgeous!

D

DHTiling

These are B&Q Cream polished porcs, they had transit wax on them but came off easy enough... but deffo research your tiler as they need to be good to get a floor to look flat and lippage free.

polished porcelain2.JPG polished porcelain3.JPG

H

Happymumandwife

Hi Dave,

No it's not the big cream ones, I did see them but had read about them on here, so I didn't go for them. These are 600x300 cream Matt finish tiles.

D

DHTiling

Hi Dave,

No it's not the big cream ones, I did see them but had read about them on here, so I didn't go for them. These are 600x300 cream Matt finish tiles.

Ok. Put 2 tiles face to face to check for planitisation / curvature. If they are bowed to much they fix stack pattern.

P

plan-it-earth

...and the moral of this story is..."Is B&Q really the best place to buy your tiles? Do they offer the help and advice that a speciallist tile shop can offer?"

Reply to Black polished tile looks dull/light/scuffed in places in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks