Discuss Black polished tile looks dull/light/scuffed in places in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DHTiling

You will get some Abra clean from Armatile in northern ireland.

Station Road Industrial Est, Loughgall Road Armagh 02837 527 007

If they are too far to travel then get them to post some out..

good luck..

H

Happymumandwife

Just an update.

B&Q took a tile away to try and clean and reseal. They have said that they couldn't get these marks off. So they have now sent it to tile manufacturer. They said its looking like the floor is gonna have to be lifted and redone. (faulty batch) To be honest that's the last thing I wanted, but if there is no other way.

They also said I won't be out of pocket at all as it'll be b&q or the manufacturer who pays for this to be done. I'm really hoping that the manufacturer will be able to remove these marks and just come and clean my floor, as I dread the thoughts of having it all lifted. It's a total last resort for me.

Just thought I should update you all, as you were all so helpful with advice. I will keep you posted.

:) x

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i noticed in my local b n q (west wales) that there cheapest black porc on show had a dull ,hazzy surface to it ...didnt look to clever

S

steeeevo

looks like alot of the problems with these tiles are from the older different size tiles, the newer 500 x 500 tiles have a few better reviews, im not sure if i want to chance it. the price is so good though.

M

MICHAELTAYLOR85

Hi have these tiles still got the transit wax on them? and if so is it best to remove all wax before laying or is it ok to do this after? we hav purchased sum just to try out in our en suite, any recommendations wil b greatly appreciated!

H

Happymumandwife

Just another update, b&q are still waiting on supplier getting back to them. So I called b&q and told them I'm not waiting any longer and as they sold me them they have to fix them. He agreed with me that I'd been patient & I have to go ahead and get a quote from tiler to lift & re-lay new tiles. What should be the cost roughly? Don't want the tiler charging loads because b&q are paying, I don't want to take advantage just want my floor sorted.

So if anyone could give me an idea of what's involved and also how much it would cost to lift 16sq meters of porcelain 500x500 tiles and to make sure the floor was level to re-lay 16sq meters of floor tiles, it won't be the same tiles as my heart isn't in them anymore, afraid incase they go like this again.

Will keep you all updated as to what happens. Getting fed up waiting now as can't get painter in to paint, skirting fitted or blinds fitted till we get floor sorted.

Thanks again for everyone's advice x

H

Happymumandwife

Just another update...

Was at the end of my tether this week as b&q were p'ing about. Eventually got it sorted got money for the tiler to come lift & relay tiles, and also new tiles & everything else we need. So glad that it's sorted and we can decorate and get our blinds fitted.

Question, we picked new cream rectangle tiles as heart isn't in the black ones anymore. Would grey grout be ok with them do you think? Our living room has cream tiles with ivory grout and they are a nightmare to keep clean. The grey grout we have on the dreaded black ones just now is very light anyway, so we thought its not as light as ivory but not dark either. Any opinions?

H

hillhead

I have fitted cream polished porcelain lately and grouted with ardex vanilla and it looks good too, very easy kept clean by the looks too as I have used it on bigger jobs too with plenty of dirt in areas already tiled.Mapei's silver grey is a lively light colour too and looks great.It's personal taste really.Nice to hear you have all sorted now too, well done.

D

Daz

With cream tiles I always prefer a cream grout but it is really down to individual preference. I used Ardex Classic Vanilla on this job.
A decent flexible grout will be dirt and moisture resistant so easy to keep clean, IMO.

IMG_0783.jpg

Daz

Reply to Black polished tile looks dull/light/scuffed in places in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks