Search the forum,

Discuss Best Deal Supplier's in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

J Sid

There are extra long clips a available for materials over 20mm
Regular clips have 20mm limit.
I still think the Rubi system is the best I've used, however, the new genisis system works on a similar principle and I'm told it's comparable to Rubi's.
With a slight advantage in that the straps are slightly stronger, but then I like the feed back I can get thro the Rubi system when u tighten the straps, you can actually feel then stretch to capacity.
But one thing is for sure Harry, what ever u use, make sure it has a mechanical tightening system. (Pliers)
Was looking at the price of those Rubi ones, had to sit down :(

Dhtiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I know a member here posted about it, so I would say for stone, you can not do better than the MLT system. It costs more than most, so may not be a good idea for 1 job. They offer rubber feet (added cost) to prevent scratching. I would just say to stay away from any system that requires twisting to install, or the kicking of your boot or mallet to remove. The Raimondi system looks very good. It is cheaper for me to buy a whole kit of that just to try then ordering more for my MLT. Yes that would include buying the pliars. But I will say, I would prefer to pay more for the MLT that sets the standard, than save money on a less than great product. I will use the Raimondi system soon, it looks very good, but the rubber feet for MLT is the best for stone.

H

hmtiling

I know a member here posted about it, so I would say for stone, you can not do better than the MLT system. It costs more than most, so may not be a good idea for 1 job. They offer rubber feet (added cost) to prevent scratching. I would just say to stay away from any system that requires twisting to install, or the kicking of your boot or mallet to remove. The Raimondi system looks very good. It is cheaper for me to buy a whole kit of that just to try then ordering more for my MLT. Yes that would include buying the pliars. But I will say, I would prefer to pay more for the MLT that sets the standard, than save money on a less than great product. I will use the Raimondi system soon, it looks very good, but the rubber feet for MLT is the best for stone.
I've seen the mlt system and read good things. It better had be the best out there as it's the same as a pallet of s1 for their starter kit!

O

Old Mod

I looked quite in depth at the MLT system Don, after initial investment, I found the day to day cost was comparable to the Rubi system I like to use.
I'd like to try it but obviously sourcing everything from the states adds a fair amount of cost too!

Dhtiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The MLT is expensive. I think it was being made in Italy for awhile but might be here in the states now. Any system you choose to use is a good investment, but some folks think these make a poor tiler a good one, not really the case. But it does make a good job a great job. Just stay away from the twist ones. They scratch soft stones.

O

Old Mod

Any system you choose to use is a good investment, but some folks think these make a poor tiler a good one, not really the case. But it does make a good job a great job. Just stay away from the twist ones. They scratch soft stones.

Well, well! Hahaha so the arguement exists on your side of the water too!
There's been a few very lively discussions on here in last couple of years on the subject of who they are marketed at!
Professional fixer or diy'er! Haha

New Acorn Tile Levelling System

J

J Sid

The MLT is expensive. I think it was being made in Italy for awhile but might be here in the states now. Any system you choose to use is a good investment, but some folks think these make a poor tiler a good one, not really the case. But it does make a good job a great job. Just stay away from the twist ones. They scratch soft stones.
Made this poor tiler a lot better :) mind, some my still think not ;)

Reply to Best Deal Supplier's in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen