Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Best Deal Supplier's in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

I know a member here posted about it, so I would say for stone, you can not do better than the MLT system. It costs more than most, so may not be a good idea for 1 job. They offer rubber feet (added cost) to prevent scratching. I would just say to stay away from any system that requires twisting to install, or the kicking of your boot or mallet to remove. The Raimondi system looks very good. It is cheaper for me to buy a whole kit of that just to try then ordering more for my MLT. Yes that would include buying the pliars. But I will say, I would prefer to pay more for the MLT that sets the standard, than save money on a less than great product. I will use the Raimondi system soon, it looks very good, but the rubber feet for MLT is the best for stone.

I looked quite in depth at the MLT system Don, after initial investment, I found the day to day cost was comparable to the Rubi system I like to use.
I'd like to try it but obviously sourcing everything from the states adds a fair amount of cost too!

Dhtiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The MLT is expensive. I think it was being made in Italy for awhile but might be here in the states now. Any system you choose to use is a good investment, but some folks think these make a poor tiler a good one, not really the case. But it does make a good job a great job. Just stay away from the twist ones. They scratch soft stones.

O

Old Mod

Any system you choose to use is a good investment, but some folks think these make a poor tiler a good one, not really the case. But it does make a good job a great job. Just stay away from the twist ones. They scratch soft stones.

Well, well! Hahaha so the arguement exists on your side of the water too!
There's been a few very lively discussions on here in last couple of years on the subject of who they are marketed at!
Professional fixer or diy'er! Haha

New Acorn Tile Levelling System

J

J Sid

The MLT is expensive. I think it was being made in Italy for awhile but might be here in the states now. Any system you choose to use is a good investment, but some folks think these make a poor tiler a good one, not really the case. But it does make a good job a great job. Just stay away from the twist ones. They scratch soft stones.
Made this poor tiler a lot better :) mind, some my still think not ;)

Reaction score
Another vote for the under floor heating store (part of Travis Perkins) good prices and quick service.
Yes totally agree with the underfloor heating store, you get your own personal contact, service is excellent.... And cannot beat prices.
Also I have a great account with Tilemaster adhesives, and Dural
All excellent service for a small business like me

L

LM

I've been using the Genisis system for a good while now, it can cope with material of up to 70mm in depth, like the breaking capabilities of your tile cutter you'll soon get to know where it is with them also. If your doing a job with stone etc you can get a battery plier that will remove the strap with no movement, hence no scraping or alternatively you can simply pull it off like you would opening a bottle of beer ;)
In all seriousness I can't fault it as a system, it also is worth getting the large format tops for anything over 600x600 or heavy stone

W

White Room

I've been using the Genisis system for a good while now, it can cope with material of up to 70mm in depth, like the breaking capabilities of your tile cutter you'll soon get to know where it is with them also. If your doing a job with stone etc you can get a battery plier that will remove the strap with no movement, hence no scraping or alternatively you can simply pull it off like you would opening a bottle of beer ;)
In all seriousness I can't fault it as a system, it also is worth getting the large format tops for anything over 600x600 or heavy stone

Do you get them from Protilertools...

L

LM

Do you get them from Protilertools...
I buy them localy of a supplier here in Belfast, to be honest I do a considerable amount of business with this supplier and I get a really good price in comparison to Protilertools, that said, against all the alternatives at pro tilers price for me there isn't many better options. I'm not dismissing the likes of Ramondis system etc by any means, I'm simply giving my take on what's the best readily available system to me!

W

White Room

I buy them localy of a supplier here in Belfast, to be honest I do a considerable amount of business with this supplier and I get a really good price in comparison to Protilertools, that said, against all the alternatives at pro tilers price for me there isn't many better options. I'm not dismissing the likes of Ramondis system etc by any means, I'm simply giving my take on what's the best readily available system to me!

I've used them and like the system, N/C sell them but not cheap for 200 but they do a flat disc where as protilertool have a curve one which isn't much use on wall tiles.

L

LM

I've used them and like the system, N/C sell them but not cheap for 200 but they do a flat disc where as protilertool have a curve one which isn't much use on wall tiles.
As far as I'm aware you can request either.
How much do you pay for 200 from N/C

L

LM

To be honest that's ridiculous, to make the system viable they shouldn't be charging anymore than £12 per 200 or you'll simply go to an alternative system. Am iright in thinking the Ramondi system works out at about 6-7p per strap?
I've never used the Ramondi system as I've said before, but I would trust what the likes of Antonio and Marc etc go with and if J had to pay what you've been asked Id simply change, that said the Genisis system is still a good one, your just being ripped off!

Reply to Best Deal Supplier's in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks