Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Best Deal Supplier's in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

Any verdict yet Marc? I'd love to know what you think

Hey Lee,
Sorry mate in all the excitement completely forgot!
others-233.gif

The 2mm are very good, strong and do a good job!
On thin tiles the wedges go almost thro and the Raimnodi pliers could do with an extra click, if u follow. But still do job very well.
They actually appear stronger than Raimondi.
I'd imagine on normal thickness tiles they'd be perfect!

I've not tried the 1mm yet personally, but I have it on very good authority that they're not quite so clever.
They tend to stretch apparently, that's about all I can say I'm afraid. :(

I'd certainly buy the 2mm again.

Just recieved a delivery from China of Rubi style straps and cups.
My preffered system, but pricey.
Firstly they're completely interchangeable with the Rubi system, which is excellent.
However, unfortunately the straps are quite brittle, and snap easily.
The plastic isn't as malleable, I've tried pre soaking them in cold water without much success, I will try hot.
If I hold one end with ordinary pliers and the other with Rubi pliers and exert force on the strap, the Rubi ones will twist and stretch, the chinese snap! :(
It's a real shame.
Even with all fees and customs and air freight on 1200 straps and 600 cups I still saved over £100. If I was to put in large order they'd be sent by sea and considerably cheaper still!!
In fact something like ridiculously so!

I can actually get them to work no problem, however, I believe that's only cos I've been using them for a few years and know how to read the feedback thro the pliers.
I wouldn't recommend them to someone who's never used them unfortunately.
Which is a shame Lee.
The grey are Rubi, white Chinese.
The image showing me holding them vertically, the tiles are actually off the floor and not resting on my shoes haha
Hope this answers some questions for you mate. :)
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

L

LM

Hey Lee,
others-233.gif

On thin tiles the wedges go almost thro and the Raimnodi pliers could do with an extra click, if u follow. But still do job very well.

I've not tried the 1mm yet personally, but I have it on very good authority that they're not quite so clever.

Firstly they're completely interchangeable with the Rubi system, which is excellent.
The plastic isn't as malleable, I've tried pre soaking them in cold water without much success, I will try hot.
If I hold one end with ordinary pliers and the other with Rubi pliers and exert force on the strap, the Rubi ones will twist and stretch, the chinese snap! :(
It's a real shame.
Even with all fees and customs and air freight on 1200 straps and 600 cups I still saved over £100. If I was to put in large order they'd be sent by sea and considerably cheaper still!!

I can actually get them to work no problem, however, I believe that's only cos I've been using them for a few years and know how to read the feedback thro the pliers.
Which is a shame Lee.
The image showing me holding them vertically, the tiles are actually off the floor and not resting on my shoes haha
View attachment 80814 View attachment 80815 View attachment 80816 View attachment 80817 View attachment 80818 View attachment 80819 View attachment 80821
Wow Marc, thanks for the advice, quite an in depth review.
I take it then that you prefer the Rubi system over the Ramondi one as a whole and that in both cases the 'copies' are worth getting rather than paying for the originals?
Thanks for getting back to my question mate, much appreciated

S

Spare Tool

Hey Lee,
others-233.gif

It's a real shame.

Which is a shame Lee.
View attachment 80814 View attachment 80815 View attachment 80816 View attachment 80817 View attachment 80818 View attachment 80819 View attachment 80821
Just out of interest can you get 3mm spacings or 2 as big as they go?

Reply to Best Deal Supplier's in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks