Search the forum,

Discuss Best Adhesive To Fix Porcelain Tile To Ditra Over Plywood With Underfloor Heating in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

E

ExplodingPudding

It's just screaming at me that this might not end the way intended.... I would use the most flexible thing you could get your hands on. No personal experience with the technical info on piped heating under ply but your definitely going to need something good. I would say BAL Single Part Fastflex (12.5k gives 5m2) or something of similar standards. Out of curiosity, how comes they aren't having Hardiefloor or Hardiebacker on the floor? Also, again out of curiosity, is the ditra going to be enough to counteract the flex of the plywood when heated?

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've sent the builder the info for hardi floor for future jobs, I've past him all the relevant information as I've bin in contact with schluter and it will be goin in writing on my invoice that this method don't meet the guidelines set by schluter but I'm confident there won't be any problems he's a good builder with 3 decades behind him

O

Old Mod

I've sent the builder the info for hardi floor for future jobs, I've past him all the relevant information as I've bin in contact with schluter and it will be goin in writing on my invoice that this method don't meet the guidelines set by schluter but I'm confident there won't be any problems he's a good builder with 3 decades behind him

Ahhhhhh bless........ I remember that!.........hope! Haha ;)

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The builder said he's a religious man and he's had a word with the big man up top and he said its gonna be just fine lol

J

J Sid

Why do you have to use rapid only on ply, or wait for adhesive to dry before tiling?
been to a schluter demo this afternoon at local CTD and asked a few questions:) think they were getting p*** *** with all the questions ;) anyway stick Ditra to any substrate with a C2 rated adhesive and no need to be rapid onto any surface and doesn't need to be set before tiling starts.
when I asked why TM say use ultimate S2 they laughed and said so they make more money, it words to that effect, all thats needed is it to C2 rated as a minimum.

S

Spare Tool

been to a schluter demo this afternoon at local CTD and asked a few questions:) think they were getting p*** *** with all the questions ;) anyway stick Ditra to any substrate with a C2 rated adhesive and no need to be rapid onto any surface and doesn't need to be set before tiling starts.
when I asked why TM say use ultimate S2 they laughed and said so they make more money, it words to that effect, all thats needed is it to C2 rated as a minimum.
Mate you've taken what I said TM had said way out of context..
They only said Ultimate S2 perfect for sticking ditra/dural to a new/green screed, which was the question I asked. I'd already bought the gear anyway but was just double checking with them :)

J

J Sid

Mate you've taken what I said TM had said way out of context..
They only said Ultimate S2 perfect for sticking ditra/dural to a new/green screed, which was the question I asked. I'd already bought the gear anyway but was just double checking with them :)
sorry for miss understanding, but same answer, Ditra onto green screed only needs a basic C2 adhesive.

Reply to Best Adhesive To Fix Porcelain Tile To Ditra Over Plywood With Underfloor Heating in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen