Search the forum,

Discuss Best Adhesive To Fix Porcelain Tile To Ditra Over Plywood With Underfloor Heating in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

Talked a customer out of Polypipes spec on same in January, went straight down on pipes and insert boards instead as I couldn't get my head round tiling on the ply..

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
ardex af200 onto ply. Couldn't be easier!

As Impish said......Ardex AF200 to stick down the Ditra. You can then start tiling straight away.

If you use rapid (remember you must use rapid onto ply) then you have to wait for the adhesive to harden before you walk or tile onto the Ditra.

If you use slow set to tile porcelain tiles onto Ditra then give it a few more hours drying time.........this especially applies in the Winter time.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm using rapid to bond the ditra it's gonna be laid Wednesday and possibly Thursday then start tiling Saturday so it's got plenty of time to cure

L

LM

What would be ur preferred method of goin over polypipe ?
HardieFloor for under floor heating
For clients who desire the comfort of under floor heating, HardieFloor® is the perfect solution. Unlike wood, it won’t swell, shrink, expand or buckle due to temperature changes and its thermal conductance properties mean that the heating system will react faster and can help conduct more heat into the room.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
HardieFloor for under floor heating
For clients who desire the comfort of under floor heating, HardieFloor® is the perfect solution. Unlike wood, it won’t swell, shrink, expand or buckle due to temperature changes and its thermal conductance properties mean that the heating system will react faster and can help conduct more heat into the room.
Are u talking the real thick board with the lip that lock together?

S

Spare Tool

As Impish said......Ardex AF200 to stick down the Ditra. You can then start tiling straight away.

If you use rapid (remember you must use rapid onto ply) then you have to wait for the adhesive to harden before you walk or tile onto the Ditra.

If you use slow set to tile porcelain tiles onto Ditra then give it a few more hours drying time.........this especially applies in the Winter time.
Why do you have to use rapid only on ply, or wait for adhesive to dry before tiling?

Reply to Best Adhesive To Fix Porcelain Tile To Ditra Over Plywood With Underfloor Heating in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen