Search the forum,

Discuss Anhydrite Screed Tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Firstly have you removed Laitence so floor looks like sand and cement screed opposed to the power float effect it starts with ?
If so there as previously stated no need to prime with gypsum based adheshive as it doesn't t react with screed as cement based does ! But I'd give it 1 coat 1-1 with water to stop it dusting up whilst working on it !
If you are unsure of moisture content the screed supplier can come out and do a carbon bomb test and that's final !!
The digital hygrometers aren't as accurate I've invested a lot of time and money on a floor grinder and associated kit to prepare these floors and have done quite a few up to 300m2 total ground floors ! Good luck and enjoy doing it ! Dave

F

Flintstone

Anyone got the link to thread about making the boxes? Think it involved routing out ? I’ve got two of the units and need to make the boxes, I don’t own a router

O

One Day

@impish would be the man for that I think.
I didn't route anything. As long as you use 10mm board, just cut (or drill) a hole to suit the stat and seal it in with something suitable.
Just make sure you don't gloop up the holes in the unit with sealant as you'll wreck the measurements.

F

Flintstone

Any specific dimensions required ? I’ve got some 10mm board and some ct1 I’ll get them knocked up this weekend

O

One Day

Any specific dimensions required ? I’ve got some 10mm board and some ct1 I’ll get them knocked up this weekend
I went at approx 12" square by 5" deep.
The important thing is making sure it's sealed up fully and then sealed to the floor fully.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I went at approx 12" square by 5" deep.
The important thing is making sure it's sealed up fully and then sealed to the floor fully.
You must seal it to the floor using a water free system such as poly butyl tape. Don't use silicone or decorators filler

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I made these 3, in a hurry as you can probably tell! I've tested them along side a couple of F Ball ones and they read exactly the same. They cost about £15 each, the backs were hacked out with a router bit in a bench drill
DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG

F

Flintstone

You must seal it to the floor using a water free system such as poly butyl tape. Don't use silicone or decorators filler

Is that because it gets a reading off the moisture in the silicone ? Anything else you can other than the tape ?

Reply to Anhydrite Screed Tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen