Search the forum,

Discuss Anhydrite Screed Tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

One Day

Honest! There's no need with Anhyfix onto Anhydrite.
They state priming is recommended simply because it won't do any harm (and it covers for dust etc, and sells more primer!) but all it does is slow down the water absorbtion from adhesive to screed, which with Anhyfix doesn't improve the final bond as it normally does with cement.

As always: if in doubt - prime it out.
All I'm saying is there is no specific need.

O

One Day

Crazy price! I can get them for about £12 on ebay. make your own box from wedi / kerdi board. Save a packet!

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would prime all screeds personally. I agree from a compatibility perspective anhyfix does not cause an issue but it will help act as a dust suppressant. Prime plus or similar diluted 2 or 3 to 1 with water. Leave overnight to dry and tile. No need for ditra .

J

J-a-m-e-s_7

How did you get on with the unit? I am thinking of buying the same one. Just started a new thread with C/A screed issues.

I decided to make my own in the end and followed the advice and it worked a treat. Think all in cost me £30 so was worth the risk. Must be a massive mark up on these units for what is really a very simple design. Will post some pictures when i get a minute

Reply to Anhydrite Screed Tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen