Search the forum,

Discuss am i pricing too much????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I think you priced it fairly.

I know the problem...have priced up 12 jobs in the past two weeks and got just one of them...the last one!

Went to one job only to get there and be told "I have booked someone now - thanks!" Again - why couldnt they phone to say!!!:incazzato:

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Wigan aint that close :yikes: hang on, just checked, around 50 miles, about an hours drive. closer than I thought :oops:

Distance ain't a thing, in jobs gone by I used to average 2000 miles a week and then work on top of that, that's two thousand, not a typo :D So you see what I mean when I say, willing to travel :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 9966

Distance ain't a thing, in jobs gone by I used to average 2000 miles a week and then work on top of that, that's two thousand, not a typo :D So you see what I mean when I say, willing to travel :thumbsup:

yeah but I bet they were big, well paid jobs though Alan. no point trekking the entire length of the country for a splashback :yikes:

but thinking about it guys, are you having to travel further than normal to get quotes and work?

D

davy_G

yeah but I bet they were big, well paid jobs though Alan. no point trekking the entire length of the country for a splashback :yikes:

but thinking about it guys, are you having to travel further than normal to get quotes and work?

Nope, im not. My thinking is if its close to home i dont have big travel costs or time wasted travelling, hense I can do it cheeper. The synic would say I can make more, but I can pass some of that to the customer, making sure I am the 'tiler' in my home patch.:thumbsup:

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score

You would have thought that, wouldn't you, not the case on most parts :D I've seen me do 14 hour round trip to Barnstaple and back ( 700 miles ) and been on site for 10 minutes :yikes: that sort of thing happened often enough :(

M

mags

I reckon your too cheap id be expecting £35min a M2 for that stuff plus extras.

you have to seal quartz against staining so all in at the price you quoted id be inclined to walk away from it, IF i had enough work :mad2:

D

dhsanta65

Think your price was more than fair after all as you say the punter paid £700 for the tiles then expect you to work for next to nothing. I think customers forget you still have to pay your tax, fuel & material cost out of the quotes that we give them.

C

Colour Republic

It's always hard to give advice without seeing it but for arguements sake lets say at 10sqm the hall is 2m wide, 5m long, 4 doors off and a staircase and it needs leveling

I'd be coming in at maybe around £550 + materials. I take you got the discount on the tiles? if you did then you've already saved them £340. What more do people want!

sometimes it's cheaper to stay at home, say you have a problem and it takes longer than you thought or maybe a few months down the line you have to go back and do a repair for free.

£380 is cheap in my book, no matter where you live in the country. I think these people are trying it on, nobody who is watching the pennys chooses a £110sqm tile, maybe they think you should help pay for them.

Reply to am i pricing too much????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen