Search the forum,

Discuss am i pricing too much????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
I'm still pretty new to the game, but i would be expecting about £40 per metre for the tiling alone around this area. I say let them get someone cheaper, as it's probably gonna be someone that hasn't got a clue what they're doing. Hopefully you'll get the call to come sort it out! :lol:

H

Hawkofeagles

I'm in a simular position as beanz in that i'm pretty new to this game but in my area, Dorset i'd be expecting £30 m2 for tiling. So as others have said I think you ought to walk away and wait for the fall out... :thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

£380 seems a fair price imo not ott or to cheap, it's what I'd probably charge anyway:thumbsup:

M

Matt

a customer wants me to tile their hallway 10m2
with black and white quartz tiles which they are buying for £70.00sm
the shop selling them are retailing them at £110.00sm but if they do not require a receipt (this is a fairly big company with over 20 branches nationwide) they can have them at £70.00.

the hallway floor needs levelling.

to level floor fix tiles and supply materials i quoted £380.00. which i thought was reasonable(not charging to apply slc just cost of materials +10%

customer thought that this was too much?

what do you think?
cheers
chris

Wow, that is someone stealing from their company

Good deal for the customer though :lol:

S

Saltire69

CJ, when i do a estimate i give my labour price 1st, and then the mats price at a discounted rate and tell them how much there saving on the mats. For me thats normally about 40-50% there saving, and make sure u tell them this. Think some customers don't understand the cost of decent mats.

T

Time's Ran Out

Yup. It is staff like that, that make customers say to me. "How much for cash" Wink wink, nudge nudge

...a nods as good as wink to a blind bat! (my wife says I've got this wrong)
To the reply:
I wondered how long before someone picked up on the worrying part of this thread - back door sales for cash!
Prehaps it will be this customer who will post a thread complaining that they spent £1000-00 on tiles and their 'tiler' - who charged less than CJ -has left their job a disaster.

Timeless John.

M

Matt

...a nods as good as wink to a blind bat! (my wife says I've got this wrong)
To the reply:
I wondered how long before someone picked up on the worrying part of this thread - back door sales for cash!
Prehaps it will be this customer who will post a thread complaining that they spent £1000-00 on tiles and their 'tiler' - who charged less than CJ -has left their job a disaster.

Timeless John.

The other thing that worries me, is that if anything goes wrong with the tiles supplied. They can't exactly strowl into the shop asking for replacements etc. No proof it came from that shop.

Reply to am i pricing too much????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen