Search the forum,

Discuss am i pricing too much????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CJ CERAMICS

a customer wants me to tile their hallway 10m2
with black and white quartz tiles which they are buying for £70.00sm
the shop selling them are retailing them at £110.00sm but if they do not require a receipt (this is a fairly big company with over 20 branches nationwide) they can have them at £70.00.

the hallway floor needs levelling.

to level floor fix tiles and supply materials i quoted £380.00. which i thought was reasonable(not charging to apply slc just cost of materials +10%

customer thought that this was too much?

what do you think?
cheers
chris

D

Deleted member 9966

a customer wants me to tile their hallway 10m2
with black and white quartz tiles which they are buying for £70.00sm
the shop selling them are retailing them at £110.00sm but if they do not require a receipt (this is a fairly big company with over 20 branches nationwide) they can have them at £70.00.

the hallway floor needs levelling.

to level floor fix tiles and supply materials i quoted £380.00. which i thought was reasonable(not charging to apply slc just cost of materials +10%

customer thought that this was too much?

what do you think?
cheers
chris

chris

I don't usually get involved in the pricing forum, but to be honest, £380 seems a pretty good price to me. If the customer wants to pay £700 for the tiles and then let some bodger fix them at a fraction of the cost, then I think you should walk away.

I'd pay you £380 to come and tile my bathroom :thumbsup:

GRR

C

CJ CERAMICS

Too cheap in my book mate, some people :mad2:
thanks alan
normally i would have charged more but with business the way it is at the moment i thought i would go with a price that would atleast earn me some money this month but ?????
not sure what people want at the moment?
went to look at a job yesterday splash back area was 4.2 m2
customer had one quote for £80.00?
wish he had said this before i wasted petrol.
chris

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 9966

thanks alan
normally i would have charged more but with business the way it is at the moment i thought i would go with a price that would atleast earn me some money this month but ?????
not sure what people want at the moment?
chris

something for nothing :mad2: the best things in life are free, everything else you have to pay for, simples.

C

CJ CERAMICS

something for nothing :mad2: the best things in life are free, everything else you have to pay for, simples.

i wish somebody would give me something for nothing liz but hey ho may have to go and look for a 9-5 job if this carries on.

D

Deleted member 9966

i wish somebody would give me something for nothing liz but hey ho may have to go and look for a 9-5 job if this carries on.

there's a bathroom and en-suite to re-tile in Stoke-on-Trent if you're interested :smilewinkgrin:

Reply to am i pricing too much????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen