Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss abusive customer in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

charlie1

Just recieved tx from janny letting me know tiles have arrived and asking when I can do it! ... Busy just now so will need to wait a wee while!

Reaction score
want to bet it now becomes URGENT ,he will claim he has been waiting on you bla bla bla customer going mad bla bla,got to be done right away etc,the ball may now be back in your court but as already stated BE CARFEFUL as to payments to date etc ,good look either way m8

C

charlie1

I know what you mean alister but I was given reassurance that payment would be made after completion by big boss man!

The way I'm trying too see it is, do job then get one of 2 things ... Money owed or lesson learned! I will keep you all posted and maybe we will all learn a lesson!

C

charlie1

Ok, tiles have arrived on site, they are not the same, they are 2mm larger than the original ones! The guy in question assured me they where identical in colour and size hence why I relayed 10 m2 of the original tiles. I have used 5mm grout line with these but even at that u can't see how I can continue with this, think they will all need to come back up...can I have opinions please?

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
my opinion on it ,you got your tools back ,its not worth the hasstle tell em to get someone else or pay you all the money up front then your in the driving seat

T

TT Tiling

you need paying first mate for the work done ,get that first then tell them to stick it ,face to face and forgot the whole things , your feel good again

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes payment before even discussing what to do next. Then give him the options. Re-tile the lot, or get some other guy in.

C

charlie1

I requested payment for materials up front + confirmation email from company in question as I simply lost trust in them, they declined so now I need to bill them for work done!

B

bugs183

The whole thing sounds like 'one of those jobs', they start off bad and just get worse.
I'd pull off site, as the materials they have supplied are not fit for purpose.
Send a bill to the boss and explain why you have left, tell him what you would need to do to resolve the problem, which is payment for work done, then payment for the total up lift of the tiles and then fixing of a new batch of the correct quantity from one batch.
Then just see what happens, my guess is that you may have to take a hit on this one matey.
In which case at least you've not given them any more time.

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
I would have mentioned a long time ago that its more than likely if your are ripping tiles up to clean and stick back down your batch and shade numbers wont match. This is something I always stick with and it saves having to clean tiles. I also have learned face to face works best, sack your texting, phoning etc, caller ID is a ***** and people can just hang up on you once they know its you on witheld.

Take your money and run, or take control of the situation, you are the tiler, you know how it goes, I do the same with old walls, they need skimmed or they need pulled down and reboarded with the correct material. Its so much quicker and leads to a better finish.

GOOD LUCK !

C

charlie1

I would have mentioned a long time ago that its more than likely if your are ripping tiles up to clean and stick back down your batch and shade numbers wont match. This is something I always stick with and it saves having to clean tiles. I also have learned face to face works best, sack your texting, phoning etc, caller ID is a ***** and people can just hang up on you once they know its you on witheld.

Take your money and run, or take control of the situation, you are the tiler, you know how it goes, I do the same with old walls, they need skimmed or they need pulled down and reboarded with the correct material. Its so much quicker and leads to a better finish.

GOOD LUCK !

I know what you mean about the texting as have had jobs cancelled via text!

Invoice has been sent recorded delivery so I now wait on payment

Reply to abusive customer in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks