Search the forum,

Discuss abusive customer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
go get your tools and your gear from the job ,tell the customer of the house you cannot and will not work this way and you are sorry the way things have worked out ,beyond your control,if he would like you to do the job direct all is good,just tell him the truth

C

cynic

Nothing worse than doing work and not getting money,as everyone has said dont let it go,you are in the right and owed.

C

charlie1

Tomorrow I will see what's happening! If I don't get paid I won't let it go! This guy is an idiot bully who thinks he can speak to people anyway he thinks, would like to see his reaction when I see him face to face!

C

charlie1

Spoken to the janny, he hung up when realised it was me!
Spoken to the boss, he said he's unsure what's happening as he was not in last week (bull) but he said he would let me know when tiles arrive (still apparently happy for me to do job)! Here what I suspect....
They have someone else in doing job and prob even using my tools so going up there 1st thing tomorrow morning to investigate!

If I find they are doing job themselves with my tools and materials etc I will go mental! Now, I k.ow you can't just go in ans start smashing up tiles but as I've not yet been put off job , what if I decide to lift my tiles on the basis that I'm not happy with them? Where would I stand with that?

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I think the key thing here is getting your tools back. There's a clear break down between you and the "employer?". The only thing you can be certain of is the tools belong to you. I wouldn't leave them there a minute longer.

If they've got someone else to fix the tiles and not told you you they've arrived i don't think there's a lot you can do there either. Unless you've been contracted to do it. I always do residential work so i'm finding it difficult to advise you. But when i present a quote to a customer, it's presented in writing and if accepted i give the customer two copies and ask him/her to sign one of them. As far as i'm then concerned that signature is agreement that I will do the job. I then take deposits etc to ensure i have their commitment with me.

If i had gone through this and then my customer broke that "contract" they'd recieve a bill for lose of earnings. At the very least, what i'd do in your case is go and collect my tools and then send them a bill for what i believe i'm owed. After what you've experienced with this job i think i'd write it off to experience. Send them a bill for sevices rendered. If they fail to pay go down the small claims route.

But definately, definately go and get your tools. Take some pictures of the work you've carried out so far as well if you haven't already done so.

Reply to abusive customer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen