Search the forum,

Discuss 53m floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

It's got NOTHING to do with 'how big is my wedge'
and you damn well know it!
Insulting!.......Me???!
You should look in the mirror before accusing me of being insulting!
You telling me that £13.72 m2 is a fair price are you?

F

Flintstone

It's nothing to do with that timeless, I simply asked opinions on a reasonable price, if you want to price jobs up on rates comparable to commercial rates then that's up to you but some of us know our worth. I'm in Yorkshire by the way not Monte Carlo

T

Time's Ran Out

It's got NOTHING to do with 'how big is my wedge'
and you damn well know it!
Insulting!.......Me???!
You should look in the mirror before accusing me of being insulting!
You telling me that £13.72 m2 is a fair price are you?

Read your own post in this thread before you call me Marc!
It's £700 for a weeks work- you compared a member a cowboy / chancer for working for that.
Everyone should be able to have an opinion without your personal attacks.
You've got the information at your fingertips - show me an insult and I'll leave!

W

WetSaw

Ahh the joys of self employment! I'd love to be able to earn £700 a week!!! I've never been bothered by how much other people earn, that's their business.
I can honesty say that I'm earning less now and working harder/ longer than I ever have but my life is stress free and I have what I need to live.

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just lost a big job because the client don't want to pay the expansion joints(around 100 lm).
Email me:

-''With the premium rate quoted and accepted of £25m2 to install tiles I would have deemed included. Prior to you starting Hilton project we discussed going rates of £18-£22m2 for tile installation.I will try to get down to site myself to discuss with you a possible full store refurb to a Debenhams we are hopeful of receiving order not too far from where you are based. Thousands of metre squared tiling.''

My answer was:
-We agree 25 £ x mp,maybe for you is premium rate,for us is discounted.I quote for fix tiles 25£,fix tiles not include anything else.Please check the quote agreed by you''
Better stay away of clients who want to pay less but want top work,no dust,no noises,no rubbish.For this need Harry Potter no tiler.

F

Flintstone

Working on a day rate is just that. But in this instance the customer isn't paying my daily wage, they are paying x amount for a job to be carried out.

O

One Day

Do we wish there was a national guide price for professional tiling?
Would that help with the "discussion" here and maintain standards as well as earnings?

O

One Day

Personally - I love the feeling of coming away from a job well done (with a happy customer) and knowing that I have just earned the equivalent of 250-350 a day because I got it right.

Other times of course - I get it wrong - and come away with a much lesser equivalent day rate.

The ups and downs keep it interesting for me.

But - equally, I respect those who for reasons of keeping it simple/consistant - whatever - are happy to deal with daily rates, full stop.

In a capitalistic free market, if you're good - you'll survive. Irrespective of what the tiler in the next street / town / county may or may not be doing.

Reply to 53m floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen