Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss 53m floor in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

All materials are stacked up in middle of room, needs all the membrane trimming off round edges, Lots of priming, probably 4 days tiling time for me

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Crikey.....missed this one !!
I quote jobs like this per meter......and if they want a day rate it would be 5 to 7 meters per day...so same price really !!
Unless I had no work ....and if they wanted it done straight away I might drop a bit....Someone will always undercut you...and if there just after the cheapest price then best to just move on..

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Had a customer once work out how much I was earning per day......your on a good wage.....it's only taken you 3 days to do my job.....no I said it's taken 3 days and 34 years experience to do your job.;)
Never sell yourself short !!

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm happy to earn a good wage, I've been there twice (or is it 3 times)in a bad recession since I started work in the 80s .
I know how hard it is to have loads one week and nowt the week after, so ive always kept it not cheap but not expencive , it's maybe why we have never been out of work .
Me and Andystyle do quite a bit together , I'm happy on day rate on some jobs but m2 on others .
Ps there's not many folk in this country who earn around a grand a week , every week , every month every year , not many at all

Last edited:

Reply to 53m floor in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks