Discuss Would you bother with 2 mats? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

macten

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
12m2 conservatory floor so ideally 11m2 mat.
Would you bother with 2 mats or do you think 10m2 mat opened up a bit would suffice?
Trav tiles so should heat up nicely.

F

Flintstone

Dcm pro or vario pro and you will get your uncoupling and heating in one and will be able to get perfect size

OP
macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Quite pricey but look like much less faff

OP
macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Going to go with Mapetex anti frac membrane on account I've got loads of it in the garage

F

Flintstone

Ah well that's it then if you already have it. Generally tho, those systems, you lay the mat, put the wire in and it's good to go, goes down really fast, instead of having to put the wires down, level it, fit uncoupling mat on top. Work it out next time for cost

OP
macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Even more pricey!

W

WetSaw

Quality costs;). Then remember it's your uncoupling as well and tile straight on, no SLC needed.

OP
macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Wonder how it would compare in price?
Currently 10m2 160W/m2 Raychem mat ÂŁ350
Thermostat ÂŁ64
And if I had to buy the membrane say about ÂŁ140
SLC say ÂŁ40.
So about ÂŁ600 ( Obviously not including cost of thermal boards)

M

Matt Bott

Probably looking about ÂŁ1000 for ditra heat thermal that's full kit rough estimate

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Anyone know the likely DCM pro price?

W

WetSaw

I'm very limited in choice here. The Uheat stuff looks good and if it's good enough for Imp it'd be good enough for me. Do they do a Ditra heat duo equivalent with insulation built in as well?

F

Flintstone

Only ditra heat duo claims that feature. I think ÂŁ40 is optimistic for slc, I always expect 2 meters per bag, so that's 5 bags for 10m area to give a propper covering. As impish said, the time to install these systems is probably half the time of doing the other way with mat, level, uncouple

OP
macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Gonna give U heat a call as I'm intrigued.
I can't imagine I'd use 5 bags to just cover the cables but if I did it would be ÂŁ65.
Did forget the cost for a 2 part to stick the mapetex down with though.

OP
macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Weber floor flex at ÂŁ11.99 a bag at my local CTD atm.

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
Hiya guys, hope everyone had a good weekend?

Our HeatBase system is exactly the same as the Variopro however without the steep price range. You'd be getting the same decoupling membrane however you'd be getting a brand leading heating cable made by Elektra which is sold worldwide.

Our website price is also our retail price so if you guys opened an account with us and used your special forum discount you'd be looking at a lot better price.

Give me a call on 01394 593305

Last edited:
OP
macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
If you don't mind using Bal one day , mapei the next job or weber the one after that then CTD (at least the one I use) you're looking at around ÂŁ12 all in - they've always got a deal on at least one of them. Even cheaper if you buy 10+ bags

D

Dumbo

Which brand do you use?
I use palace chemicals . But before you all scoff may be you should try it . I will take over a lot of other levellers by choice not just based on price . I have been using it for about ten years and never had an issue .

F

Flintstone

@Uheat - Jake can you tell me a bit more about the system, what wattage per m can you run it at with various spacing ? Is it compatable with warm a warm up stat ?

Reply to Would you bother with 2 mats? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer