Discuss Would you bother with 2 mats? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dumbo

Which brand do you use?
I use palace chemicals . But before you all scoff may be you should try it . I will take over a lot of other levellers by choice not just based on price . I have been using it for about ten years and never had an issue .

F

Flintstone

@Uheat - Jake can you tell me a bit more about the system, what wattage per m can you run it at with various spacing ? Is it compatable with warm a warm up stat ?

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Try the forum sponsors Uheat. Their variopro system came in under 50% of Ditra Heat price and I get good schluter prices.
Don't forget that the time you save installing these, is profit made.
Dural make an equivalent mat and I buy sunstone ufh from.my suppliers it's the warmup trade line I've just started doin all my ufh jobs with this method it's miles better then them mats

F

Flintstone

Dural make an equivalent mat and I buy sunstone ufh from.my suppliers it's the warmup trade line I've just started doin all my ufh jobs with this method it's miles better then them mats

I bet it's not comparable in price to the u heat kits? I'm really supprised by there prices.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks Jake for the quote.
I'll be using your system for this job and I'll update with pics as it progresses but it's going to take a while as its my parents' conservatory and I'm booked up till Nov so just the odd day here and there. It will get done and be all commissioned for xmas day is all I can promise them!

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My folks have just had a proper roof put on the conservatory that my dad built 30 years ago. They were toying with the idea of new tiles and UFH. They've seen Trav they like hence the decoupling system. I knew my dad would never commit so I went round after work with an SDS and said I'll have all the quarries he fixed when I was a kid up in an hour. 3 hours later - not even 1/2 way. My dad couldn't remember (he used a Wickes 'how to' guide to tiling) but he must have laid a 2nd screed over the original slab and then tiled. Quarries are coming off in bloody layers and although the 2nd screed came up really well where I started,
it's now as bad as the tiles.
Good thing though is the slab is in great condition and when it's all up there will be plenty of room for 20mm insulation boards.
20170807_160350.jpg

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
@Uheat - Jake can you tell me a bit more about the system, what wattage per m can you run it at with various spacing ? Is it compatable with warm a warm up stat ?
With our heatbase your looking at 160w/m2 at 2 spacings and 100w/m2 with 3 spacings. It can also be self levelling as we recommend to fill all the spare gaps with either tile adhesive or SLC.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Another question... obviously cables aren't laid under permanent structures but what about conservatory furniture like sofa and chairs? Most of the time they'll stay put but will be moved on occasion.

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
Another question... obviously cables aren't laid under permanent structures but what about conservatory furniture like sofa and chairs? Most of the time they'll stay put but will be moved on occasion.
If it's on legs then it's okay, however if it's a fixed cabinet which won't allow air to circulate underneath then no.

Reply to Would you bother with 2 mats? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks