Search the forum,

Discuss White Star or Bal Mosaic fix- for glass mosaic? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hey all,

On a kitchen at the mo

The tiling is going well so far (Only at day 1!)....but reached a splashback needed to be done in glass mosaic.

So after reading a few posts on glass mosaic's I've got this info :-

1)Watch the amount of adh on the back of the tiles

2)Use a 4mm mosaic trowel

3)Use a rubber float to get them level

4)Dont mess with them

5)Try and avoid cuts (I dont think my blade on my wet cutter is upto it)

I am using Whitestar to fix the normal tiles (10by20 black single brick effect - cust wanted in grid formation) - and would really much prefer to use this than the BAL mosaic fix... - I think my last job with the BAL flexi Rapidset worried me a bit as I found it difficult to remove any areas I missed.

I have both and if you guys recommend will of course use the Mosaic fix, but REALLY want to leave this job perrfect!

So any more hints and tips for fixing these (They are Black, grey and white) and will be using BAL white Microban grout.

Maybe this could be a job where I post some pics! :lol:

Cheers all

AK:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GazTech

Mosaic fix is more creamy to use than rapid flexi, you will love using it. It is also specifically intended for glass........Gaz
BAL Mosaic-Fix Tile Adhesive
mosaic_fix.jpg
A bright white, non-slip, water and frost-resistant, cementitious wall and floor tile adhesive specially formulated for fixing mosaic tiles including glass mosaics. It is also suitable for fixing ceramic wall and floor tiles, metal or glass tiles, marble, terrazzo, and natural stone in interior and exterior locations. Suitable for use in swimming pools. Can be used on most surfaces including MDF (in internal dry areas).

Thanks Gaz,

I shall overcome my fear! LOL!

I think its more to do with the quantity - powder to water, as I only need an area for a normal size cooker splashback & I usually end up judging it myself.

I've just seen tonight a mixing bucket by BAL that looks ideal - but any advice for a good mix for tomorrow!

Like 1 cup of rice to one cup of cold water! lol!

AK:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
G

grumpygrouter

Definately Mosaic-fix. Much easier to apply than White Star and, like white star sticks anything to anything!!!!!!!

Easier to clean off too!

Oh! try a 3mm notch trowel if the wall is flat enough.

Definately Mosaic-fix. Much easier to apply than White Star and, like white star sticks anything to anything!!!!!!!

Easier to clean off too!

Oh! try a 3mm notch trowel if the wall is flat enough.
Thanks Grumpy.....Mosaic fix it is!

AK

T

Turkish

Totally agree! Bal mosaic fix! Used it this week and loved the stuff, much easier to spread than white star! Just start with a really small amount of water to mix up because i think the ratio is something like 1 part water to 4 parts powder by weight. You can always mix more if you run out but it`s a waste if you mix too much!

Turkish:thumbsup:

Totally agree! Bal mosaic fix! Used it this week and loved the stuff, much easier to spread than white star! Just start with a really small amount of water to mix up because i think the ratio is something like 1 part water to 4 parts powder by weight. You can always mix more if you run out but it`s a waste if you mix too much!

Turkish:thumbsup:

Thanks Turkish,

Quite looking forward to using it now!:yes:

AK

Reply to White Star or Bal Mosaic fix- for glass mosaic? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hello, Hopefully someone can advise as I'm confused when it comes to choosing correct adhesive...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen