Search the forum,

Discuss which silicone sealant? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tilermandan

hello all!just curious about what silicone sealant is the most popular and widely used with you all.

D

DHTiling

BAL Microseal
microseal.jpg

A unique, high performance, waterproof and mould-resistant silicone sealant especially formulated with built in Microban® antibacterial protection, to inhibit the growth of black mould and bacteria, such as Listeria, Salmonella and E-Coli. For interior and exterior use. Bonds to glass, ceramic, acrylic, fibreglass and glazed or painted surfaces.

W

White Room

BAL Microseal
microseal.jpg

A unique, high performance, waterproof and mould-resistant silicone sealant especially formulated with built in Microban® antibacterial protection, to inhibit the growth of black mould and bacteria, such as Listeria, Salmonella and E-Coli. For interior and exterior use. Bonds to glass, ceramic, acrylic, fibreglass and glazed or painted surfaces.

How much a tube do you pay and where from Dave, cheer's

D

DHTiling

same place i buy all my bal products...(ctd)....its about £7 a tube but depends on your discounts....

P

protilers

dan, i think you are are on the right road....sorry in advance but i am a mapei fanatic.....i have tried em all but it seams to me that this company (mapei) have got it right.....i stock their products and have got rid of bal and weber....all the stuff they have is fantastic....but they have so many products for different uses ..so make sure you call technical before you go ahead with anything, you can contact technical for mapei on 0121 508 6970 which goes to the sales team, just ask to speak to technical,they love retailers and tilers alike.......good luck
p.s 26 colours is fab 'innit.
p.p.s even though i am a retailer....screwfix direct are now stocking mapei and the price is hard to beat......and they deliver:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tilermandan

thanks for your comments protilers i also use alot of mapei products and find them brilliant. i am going to try and source some bal micro seal silicone in my area just to try it,but i get good prices on mapei products and will continue using them.ill defo look into screw fix direct though great tip.

Reply to which silicone sealant? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
I'm getting some repair work done in a bathroom covered by my home insurance, they are picking...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I've recently tiled my own bathroom and all went well but I have noticed about an inch...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen