Search the forum,

Discuss what is the best way to cut plastic trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alan M

the corner is irelivent or whether its around a window or not.
im putting the back part of the trim together and the top part of the curve is 3mm ish apart.
il make a video to show my problem.

and im playing nice. im not the one thelling a new member to WORD REMOVED in videos when they are stating that some thing isnt working for them the same way it i in the video . i politly asked the video creater to show the trim in a real world situation rather than in mid air. mine line up like thatin the air too but not when down flat. maybe he should try and offer advice on using the tool rather than insult me

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

Alan - it's not the first time I've mentioned how much fun your posts bring to my enjoyment of the forum, but I wish you could also see the lighter side of the replied posts.
With more experience you too will be able to create 'mid air' mitres such as shown.
Most of the experienced tilers on here have loads of time to share their skills with DIYers and we do our best to explain it safely and fully.
But at the expense of upsetting you any further, I for one will have to skip any more of your posts.

T

The D

i dont mind people winding each other and having banter. its actually very hard to offend me.
what really annoyed me was the lack of help. id help out any memer of any of the forums im a member of , be they new or seasoned member . im experiencing a problem with a tool and looked for help. i only said my results wernt the same as the ones he got
Ok m8 this will be my last post to you as you are getting on my very last nerve. I took the time to make and upload the videos to try and help people that have a problem cutting trim. You have said at least three times that my video was dubious and you did not think the tool worked even when I told you it is me in the video and I have used the tool for years you still insulted me by saying you are a master crafts man and you can see the lack of quality. Even after that I took the time to make another video to try and help you. Now you are having a pop at me for being unhelpful so I will just keep my advice to my self.:mad2:

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JLM Tiling

Hi deano, love the banter mate! Can you tell me what make your snips are? I picked mine up as an impulse buy (used to use a block and hacksaw, hated it) and they are much better but a bit flimsy. Your's seem a bit chunkier and seem to cut a lot better.

Alan, I had the same problems originally when I first used them, taking off the back is very important to make sure there is no obstruction but so is lining them up properly in the first place which can be hard. As I said to deano maybe you've got cheap ones too that just aren't up to the job. If it is squashing then maybe try a different brand of blade that could be better quality or vary the pressures as you snip to see if that makes a difference. Not been long since I was in your shoes mucker so I know the frustration and watching a pro do it with ease probably just frustrates further! Get the vid up and I bet we'll solve your prob in seconds

Reply to what is the best way to cut plastic trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.