Search the forum,

Discuss what is the best way to cut plastic trim in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alan M

sorry deano. im still dubious.
a bad work man blames his tools but a master craftsman know quality (or lack there of) when they see it.
im only going by what i see. i cut a few cuts in a trim that was left there. the cut was terible. when the miter was put togehter like in the video it was fine but when laid down flat like it would be on a wall it opened the miter by 3-4 mm.
i cant see how its user error. im putting in the trim , holding it there, taking it out , do the other bit, then see the crap miter. it might be the trim. im going to see if i can find some trim with more of a self supporting cross section. the one i used was large and had nothing inside the curve to support it.
maybe you could do a demo with the trim left flat on a table please

T

The D

[video=youtube;JkbWj4Jqvus]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkbWj4Jqvus&context=C3ec1e05ADOEgsToPDskLR Ctd8FrQg5q1XGPXztaWF[/video]

T

Time's Ran Out

Love the last 3 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Must be showing he still has both fingers still on after such a close cut.

A

Alan M

il SHOW YOU NEXT TUESDAY what results im getting. i never said your video was wrong , i was saying that im getting similar results in mid air but not on a flat surface

T

The D

How am I supposed to know what you are doing wrong? Do a vid of how you are cutting it and I may be able to spot what it is that is going wrong. The most common mistake is to do a picture frame mitre for a window.

D

DHTiling

Maybe your corners are not square. ?

But as above , be nice or risk losing your account.

A

Alan M

the corner is irelivent or whether its around a window or not.
im putting the back part of the trim together and the top part of the curve is 3mm ish apart.
il make a video to show my problem.

and im playing nice. im not the one thelling a new member to WORD REMOVED in videos when they are stating that some thing isnt working for them the same way it i in the video . i politly asked the video creater to show the trim in a real world situation rather than in mid air. mine line up like thatin the air too but not when down flat. maybe he should try and offer advice on using the tool rather than insult me

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Alan M

i hope so
im working on a video. trying ot load my phone to my pc. should be there soon.

T

Time's Ran Out

Alan - it's not the first time I've mentioned how much fun your posts bring to my enjoyment of the forum, but I wish you could also see the lighter side of the replied posts.
With more experience you too will be able to create 'mid air' mitres such as shown.
Most of the experienced tilers on here have loads of time to share their skills with DIYers and we do our best to explain it safely and fully.
But at the expense of upsetting you any further, I for one will have to skip any more of your posts.

Reply to what is the best way to cut plastic trim in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen