Discuss what is the best way to cut plastic trim in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Alan M

hi there.
i have been cutting mine with a hack saw and a home made miter block. the accuracy isnt 100% but its fairly close and it wont cut shower trim.iv seen cutters that are like a handheld guilitine.
how do these cutters work. will they squash the trim or leave a gap in the miter. i need a better miterblock (for metal) but they are slower and need a larger working space.

how do you cut your plastic trim

thanks alan

I

Ian

Just a mitre block and a hacksaw with a 32 teeth per inch blade.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPad

M

Mike

I use an angle grinder, diamond disc for plastic and metal cutting disc for aluminium/Chrome

tapatalk on my HTC

A

Alan M

Re: what is the bast way to cut plastic trim

thats what i meant. why dont you use them

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Try not to use plastic these days. Polished or satin metal looks quality and use square blocks for internal/external corners. Customers love them 2011-02-10_13-45-34_975.jpg

A

Alan M

i have to agree that it doesnt look that great on the ends if their exposed. what way do you end on the top of a bath or shower tray

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hi Alan, good tight fit to wall, seal bath/shower tray prior to tiling. Then again after tiling:thumbsup:

S

Stef

We still use bath seals on site, :mad2:

As Gall says they cause more problems than they solve.

I hate them but if the site wants them in then we have to use them.

After a couple of years the rubber seal starts to discolour from the plastic that its attached to.

D

DHTiling

New builds .. The floors/joists settle etc and then the bath sinks and crap gets in... same with domestics, all the crap gets under the poo rubber seal and then stinks and causes mould... should be banned imo ..

G

Gazzer

New builds .. The floors/joists settle etc and then the bath sinks and crap gets in... same with domestics, all the crap gets under the poo rubber seal and then stinks and causes mould... should be banned imo ..

Ditto to that

M

Mike

I've took more failed bath seals out than I've fitted. Very bad design, they should be banned imo

tapatalk on my HTC

Reply to what is the best way to cut plastic trim in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks