Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

Discuss Tiling onto floorboards in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. Adrian mcc

Adrian mcc Active Member

hi all just seeking abit of advice on tiling onto floorboards. I’m tiling my dining room with 600x600 polished porcelain with pro warm underfloor heating can someone advise. Is this the right way I was planning on sticking the insulation boards down with a rapid set from tile master straight onto primed floor boards fixing with washes as well then underfloor then self levelling is this correct or do I need to ply on top of the floorboards cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Plan Tec Tiling

Plan Tec Tiling Administrator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

So long as the boards are secure and deflection free then yes that is fine. Dont forget to tape join the boards after laying & fixing

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Adrian mcc

Adrian mcc Active Member

4. Protiler 68

Protiler 68 Professional Tiler

Not many floorboards that level,i had a job similar ,but felt wasnt getting much coverage,