Search the forum,

Discuss tile hole cutters in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

steve61

hi new tiler here could anybody advice me on a decent set of hole cutters had no problem with wall tiles but needed to drill through floor tiles the other day and had a tough time cheers steve

C

Caledonian Tiling

Steve,

Im guessing the floor tiles were porcelain or some stone, you need diamond tipped hole cutters for this job, 365 drill as advertised on this sight will sort
you
6mm x 2 (robe hooks, mirrors etc)
8mm x 2 (shower frames, shelves etc)
16mm x 1 (sink feeds, radiators)
30mm x 1 (bath feeds, taps, body jets)
40mm x 1 (sink waste, shower heads)
Free drill plate (to steady the drills)
Full instructions on back of each packout.

Beat that for £39.99!! give them a call and get them delivered.

Hope this helps mate.

Caledonian.

F

Fred

Get yourself down to CTD TILES, look up on a google search. They are selling the Genesis porcelain core hole set for £147.00 at the moment, and their 600mm flat bed cutter is only £79.00.

Once the core hole cutters have worn out, buy them from Ricon.com , from Hong Kong.

The beautie of the Genesis core set, is that you get the drill locator and water bottle feed with it, and they are worth over £75 alone.

A

actiling

orite steve61,
i dont generaly use hole cutters,i mark the tile back and front,dig a hollow out of the backside with an angle grinder,turn it over and take the rest out with a tile hammer.... not everyones cup of tea however every hole size included..
good luck................chris

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I too would opt for the 365 Drills option mate. Richard is a really sound guy and his gear has been proven to be better quality and cheaper than even the ScrewFix gear!

P

penno

The 365 drill bits are really spot on. Went through some really good quality pocelains i was laying the other day with no bother atall. Ordering another set tomorrow, fantastic kit

Reply to tile hole cutters in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen