Search the forum,

Discuss The best primer and Adhesive for anhydrite screed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jase-tiler

Hi, I have a 60sqm floor to lay on Anhydrite screed, I am using 800mm x 800mm porcelain tiles and Ditra matting.
What is the best primer to use, and adhesive to fix Ditra matting.
And finally what is the best adhesive to bed the tile with.
[h=1][/h]

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Use an anhydrite compatible adhesive. Here's a list of manufacturers, although it's not exhaustive, and the primer from the same manufacturer to fix the ditra. On top of it you can use your usual flexible cement based adhesive. Also a flowchart that helps you ensure all the steps are followed

Broken Link Removed

[DLMURL]http://gypsol.co.uk/media/1170/guide-sheet-4-flooring-flowchart.pdf[/DLMURL]

Don't forget you might need a movement joint or two in an area that big.

ring me if you need any other advice 07966651006

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sean SML Tiling

I've just finished an anhydrite screed and I used tiles master anhyfix with their prime plus. I'd reccomend anhyfix to fix ditra then use time master setaflex (slowset) to fix the tiles to ditra.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm not supposed advertise specifics but I was I would say the same...

J

Jase-tiler

Thanks for the advice I will follow it.
Also what is the process involved installing a movement joint?

S

Stef

I've done quite a few anhydrite screeds now & everyone I've done I've used TileMaster AnhyFix.
I've not fitted Ditra on top but if I was I would be using the exact same process as above.
If there's a movement join in the substrate then follow that through the tiles, either fit a movement join or do it yourself.

S

Sean SML Tiling

Stefs do you ever leave grout line out and silicone it to allow more expansion

S

Stef

I've only ever done it once on an anhydrite screed, had to break it over the door threshold as it was showing a very small crack & didn't want to take the risk.
I would pick a calcium sulphate screed over any other now as there's no hassle tiling to them.

S

Stef

Meant to say, it's funny how quick you get used to these screeds.
Looked at a job last week, 4 floors, 2 downstairs on top of a Gyvlon screed.
Speaking to the builder & he was convinced it was a cement based screed till I showed him what needs done to it.
I think he was a but dubious what I was telling him, got a phone call a few days later to say that everything I had told him was exactly what the screed guy told him.
Only problem I picked up was that the screed guy told him it was 1mm per day drying time, I had to explain that that information only goes to 40mm then it's 1mm every 2 days.

Reply to The best primer and Adhesive for anhydrite screed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen