Search the forum,

Discuss The best primer and Adhesive for anhydrite screed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You will rarely see movement joints in anhydrite. However if the tile face needs a joint e.g. Large bays, door thresholds, etc this these should be installed regardless of whether or not you see a joint in the screed. Sometimes the joints are not required in the screed and sometimes they are just beneath the surface of the screed so you can't see them. Not ideal I know but it is the best way for the screeders.

S

Stef

Alan, I actually quoted you to the builder & was going to pass on your number to him as I knew you would verify what I was explaining to him.
Thankfully it never got to that stage as I know him & he knows what I'm like when it comes to anything tile related.

S

Sean SML Tiling

You will rarely see movement joints in anhydrite. However if the tile face needs a joint e.g. Large bays, door thresholds, etc this these should be installed regardless of whether or not you see a joint in the screed. Sometimes the joints are not required in the screed and sometimes they are just beneath the surface of the screed so you can't see them. Not ideal I know but it is the best way for the screeders.
When separating the floors in bays is it ok to use a 3mm silicone joint as a movement joint?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
When separating the floors in bays is it ok to use a 3mm silicone joint as a movement joint?

Yes that's ok provided the floor doesn't expand by. More than about 2mm. Movement joints though are usually 5mm in my experience

S

Sean SML Tiling

Ok on anhydrite screed 80mts and I've separated the floor 6 bays as there is 6 uhf zones. Customer didn't want industrial joints and went for silicone.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ok on anhydrite screed 80mts and I've separated the floor 6 bays as there is 6 uhf zones. Customer didn't want industrial joints and went for silicone.

The screed itself hardly moves so that bit will be fine. Can't say for the tiles though.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Reaction score
That size of movement/expansion joint isn't suitable for floor Installations imho .. But I have seen it done , might work for small areas with a joint in a doorway , min I would install for neatness is 5mm cold joint or larger areas , a preformed 10mm joint.

Reply to The best primer and Adhesive for anhydrite screed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen