Discuss Recommended cutter for 1200mm porcelain in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Its like a few years ago I was addicted to Gran Turismo 5 on playstaion and on some of the challenges you just couldn't get gold and everyone on the forums was saying its only when you get yourself a wheel and pedals you can control it better so I spent a few quid and kitted myself out, I even made a proper table I could clamp it to and I have to say what a complete and total waste of time! I just couldn't get the hang of it and could barely keep the car on the road never mind come first, I sold the lot on ebay and went back to my controller.

I

Italy

IMHO, shouldn't need to study how to use a cutter.. My hatred for Sigma grows. But I have to at least try until I can cut these off cuts I have
shouldn't need to study how to use a cutter?
It is in this sentence your mistake.

D

Dumbo

Have you tried the of cuts on a different cutter . Just thinking before you write it off .

O

Old Mod

Before you throw it out the window James, put it away and forget about it.
Bring it when you see me, and bring those tiles too, and we’ll see what we can do.

O

Old Mod

The material you’re trying to cut could well be part of the problem.
Just because a smaller version of the tile cuts, that in no way means a larger piece will.
The only similarity will be the colour and possibly texture, other than that they are completely different tiles.

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
The material you’re trying to cut could well be part of the problem.
Just because a smaller version of the tile cuts, that in no way means a larger piece will.
The only similarity will be the colour and possibly texture, other than that they are completely different tiles.
Understood. I ended up using a crappy £90 wetsaw on them in the end

Reply to Recommended cutter for 1200mm porcelain in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks