Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Recommended cutter for 1200mm porcelain in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
J
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
It looks like it.

I’ll be honest- I’ve not throughly read the instructions but I did adjust the height last week and it made all the difference. The cuts were far better. Give it a go.
The manual isn't great. It's just a series of pictures. So I've adjusted the bar and every break is just breaking off the corner of the tile :/

D

Dumbo

How far in from the end of the tile are you breaking and which corner is breaking near or far

W

Waluigi

Don’t forget to score back that first 15mm or whatever before you do your push score on the rest of the tile

OP
J
Reaction score
Don’t forget to score back that first 15mm or whatever before you do your push score on the rest of the tile
Yup, been doing that every time. The manual also says to score the tile 2-3 times for tiles with rough surfaces (like the tiles I have) but it's just breaking off pieces of the slice I want to cut

O

On one

I have been loosely following this thread over the last few days.
I say 'loosely' as I thought I had futureproofed myself a few years ago by getting a Sigma 3dm (900mm)
I went to have a look at a job on Friday night......1000mm Porcelanosa tiles........having to reread every post Doh!!

OP
J
Reaction score
I have been loosely following this thread over the last few days.
I say 'loosely' as I thought I had futureproofed myself a few years ago by getting a Sigma 3dm (900mm)
I went to have a look at a job on Friday night......1000mm Porcelanosa tiles........having to reread every post Doh!!
IMHO, shouldn't need to study how to use a cutter.. My hatred for Sigma grows. But I have to at least try until I can cut these off cuts I have

O

On one

IMHO, shouldn't need to study how to use a cutter.. My hatred for Sigma grows. But I have to at least try until I can cut these off cuts I have
It sounds like the cutter height or the wheel type isn't quite right, or and it is a big or........some tiles will just not snap on a dry cutter.
I've had it before.....a whole bathroom to 'wet cut' and even then not all cuts went to plan.

OP
J
Reaction score
It sounds like the cutter height or the wheel type isn't quite right, or and it is a big or........some tiles will just not snap on a dry cutter.
I've had it before.....a whole bathroom to 'wet cut' and even then not all cuts went to plan.
Apparently someone else has used the same tiles (smaller version) on a sigma and it was fine

Reply to Recommended cutter for 1200mm porcelain in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock