Discuss Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dim MiM

Recently, Our tiler went to a job where the couple were tring to save money by diy. The results were they had used grout as adhesive, adhesive as as grout, the tiles were upside down(patten) it was rather funny and cost quite alot to replaceas they had hand made, hand painted tiles with a set design of a tree. Goes to show, better to pay the pro than have a goe yourself :)

I

Ian

Went out for a couple of beers last night, there's a new cider bar opened. Very nicely refurbished place, until you get to the toilets, I quite literally laughed out loud!

jenenu7u.jpg

ujyhedam.jpg

pe3e7emu.jpg

ysutyved.jpg

yhezy5y2.jpg

yse2edyd.jpg

vege6ety.jpg

u6u3e9e8.jpg

A

Ambercat

I had that recently, idiot must have run out of adhesive as last 20 tiles were stuck on with white silicone (all tile on tile). Took a lot of time and effort to get off :incazzato:

G

Gazzer

Went out for a couple of beers last night, there's a new cider bar opened. Very nicely refurbished place, until you get to the toilets, I quite literally laughed out loud!

So lets get this straight....You went to the loo....pulled out Percy and laughed out loud ??? Hmmmmm :lol:

C

charlie1

Clearly the owner has had a go at tiling, can you imagine the mess he would have been in lol

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The tilings great, it's just the walls that are a bit out :smilewinkgrin:

C

charlie1

Nah, completely intentional, last pic is just a recreation of porcelanisa cubica bronco

D

detiling

Had this on a job a wee while back this is a small part of a very poorly tiled bathroom. Literally pulled the tiles off by hand

Attachments

• 2012-12-13 10.07.32.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 417

Reply to Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks