Discuss Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
The floor that I posted 4 weeks ago has now come up.

Tiles came up easy. 6mm trowel used and dot n dab, no back buttering, 3mm ply fixed down with 45mm screws (No pipes hit luckily). Lifted first row of tiles and rest came up easy, there was standing water under tiles and ply was already rotten and mouldy. This bathroom was done 3 months ago.

The floor is actually perfectly flat and level so I've no idea why they dot 'n dabbed in places.

View attachment 51158 View attachment 51159 View attachment 51160 View attachment 51161 View attachment 51162

On a perfect surface... they must of not been holding the trowel right &/Or pressing to much on some & not enough on, As As before it is a shame we cannot name & shame... just to Save the Customers money (And in your case John, there floor!)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Following on from the previous bathroom floor, whilst I was at the customer i needed to use their bathroom. I couldn't resist taking these pics.

This was apparently done by a professional tiler and not a builder like the previous one

Enjoy.

Marsh1.jpg Marsh2.jpg Marsh3.jpg Marsh4.jpg Marsh5.jpg marsh6.jpg Marsh7.jpg Marsh8.jpg

Attachments

• Marsh1.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 385
Reaction score
Following on from the previous bathroom floor, whilst I was at the customer i needed to use their bathroom. I couldn't resist taking these pics.

This was apparently done by a professional tiler and not a builder like the previous one

Enjoy.

View attachment 51375 View attachment 51376 View attachment 51377 View attachment 51378 View attachment 51379 View attachment 51380 View attachment 51381 View attachment 51382

That particular customer has had a rough old time with the bodgers!

D

DGJ

J

jlktiling

This whole thread just makes you sigh in pain.
Poor customers, poor tilers who cant get work because there are cowboys doing cut price jobs.

M

Mr T

Enjoy.

View attachment 51375 View attachment 51376 View attachment 51377 View attachment 51378 View attachment 51379 View attachment 51380 View attachment 51381 View attachment 51382
how is the grout cracking in the third pic along is that just down to a bad bedding?

Reply to Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks